Sound names from the .tpa files

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Sound names from the .tpa files

Post by RexHunter99 »

Aha I think I figured out why the music isn't playing :P might just have been an error with the initial format header...

Btw Drac, I've got a half dozen 10 second long, DVI IMA ADPCM .wav files right here, all of which are 22050 kHz, Stero. If I can get this extracted music to play then I'll look into the ADPCM format for TSOT (though it seems more trouble than it's worth really..)
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

RexHunter99 wrote:Btw Drac, I've got a half dozen 10 second long, DVI IMA ADPCM .wav files right here, all of which are 22050 kHz, Stero. If I can get this extracted music to play then I'll look into the ADPCM format for TSOT (though it seems more trouble than it's worth really..)
Hmm? What are you saying? If you're saying you may try to have TSOT capable of converting audio into one of Trespasser's compression formats, that would be pretty nice indeed.. though, Matt has noted that different apps use the same compression methods differently (an observation based on the fact that they don't sound quite the same), so I suspect it would not be easy to get it working WELL..

Hmm oh and if you mean you'll try to make TSOT able to PLAY sounds with that compression.... you better ;)
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

VLC can play the extracted sound files from TPAHack just fine
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

tatu wrote:VLC can play the extracted sound files from TPAHack just fine
VLC Media Player

Yep - It works fine. :)
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

RexHunter99 wrote:
tatu wrote:FB could stand for First Battle or Final Battle
Yeah but there's no music in the Stream.TPA that could sound like a Trespasser battle theme that hasn't already been found or used in the Retail files.

machf, not that it matters much, but I pushed "MUSIC - ALBERTASAUR - FB" through TSOT and it also finds a matching hash :? I'm going to extract this sound and see what it sounds like...

Alright the offset to the sample is 35988797 bytes, and it's 771692 bytes long (sample offset is actually to the sample table entry, not the sound data)
It's 22050 kHz at 16-bit, of course it has no captions and it's Attenuation is at 0.0000.

Time to get this puppy out of the box and let 'er rip :P

EDIT:
This is a little more difficult than I thought, the sound with the "MUSIC - ALBERTASAUR - FB" valid hash is ADPCM compressed (I think, at least the data appears to be) I'm going to throw a standard PCM .WAV header on it and see if it plays, if not then we know it's ADPCM :\
Why go through so much trouble? Of course it has a matching hash... It's #387 in Stream.tpa, just extract it with TPAhack and you can listen to it...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

Or just use TresEd to listen to "MUSIC - ALBERTASAUR - FB"

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

machf wrote:
RexHunter99 wrote:
tatu wrote:FB could stand for First Battle or Final Battle
Yeah but there's no music in the Stream.TPA that could sound like a Trespasser battle theme that hasn't already been found or used in the Retail files.

machf, not that it matters much, but I pushed "MUSIC - ALBERTASAUR - FB" through TSOT and it also finds a matching hash :? I'm going to extract this sound and see what it sounds like...

Alright the offset to the sample is 35988797 bytes, and it's 771692 bytes long (sample offset is actually to the sample table entry, not the sound data)
It's 22050 kHz at 16-bit, of course it has no captions and it's Attenuation is at 0.0000.

Time to get this puppy out of the box and let 'er rip :P

EDIT:
This is a little more difficult than I thought, the sound with the "MUSIC - ALBERTASAUR - FB" valid hash is ADPCM compressed (I think, at least the data appears to be) I'm going to throw a standard PCM .WAV header on it and see if it plays, if not then we know it's ADPCM :\
Why go through so much trouble? Of course it has a matching hash... It's #387 in Stream.tpa, just extract it with TPAhack and you can listen to it...
It's not that simple, my PC wouldn't load it in any of the 5 audio applicaitons I have, I have 3 editing apps and 2 media players, none of them would open the sound.

Anyway, Draco pointed out to me that TresEd plays the sounds :|
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Rex use winamp http://www.winamp.com :)
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Mickey wrote:Rex use winamp http://www.winamp.com :)
That's the 2nd media player I tried, all that came out was garbled crap. I also tried Windows Media Player 11.
EpicZen
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

Windows media player never seems to be able to play anything. I also recommend VLC, though I can't guarantee it will work
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

It's more likely it will. Definitely try it.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

New updates to the files:

http://www.trescom.org/docs/TresTPAs-ods.zip
http://www.trescom.org/docs/TresTPAs-xls.zip

http://www.trescom.org/docs/Beta96TPAs-ods.zip
http://www.trescom.org/docs/Beta96TPAs-xls.zip

I've corrected a few things and added a new column with the hex value of the 4-byte sequence automatically calculated from the hash value for each one, may help in finding similarities between sounda names.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

A new update, now the listings also include the text of the captions/subtitles. Thanks to Rebel for his app!
tatu

Post by tatu »

machf, any new findings?

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

No, I haven't been working on that, ran out of ideas. It would be easier for someone whose native language is English, IMO.