Sound names from the .tpa files

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Sound names from the .tpa files

Post by machf »

Yes, those are for weapons hitting different materials. 49 is used for wood rubbing against some soft surfaces...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Here's the first version of the listing (in Excel .XLS format) of the names from the sounds in the TPAs from the PC Gamer files...
Attachments
PCGamerTPAs-xls.zip
(127.55 KiB) Downloaded 627 times
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

This is really cool! :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

If you look at my sig, I've added it there too. And I've also updated the Beta96 listing, look at the Documents section of TresCom:

http://www.trescom.org/documents/
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

machf wrote:Here's the first version of the listing (in Excel .XLS format) of the names from the sounds in the TPAs from the PC Gamer files...
Awesome document, although I have discovered while doing something that it doesn't quite match up. I noticed the numbers don't match what is described past a certain point and narrowed it down between item after ANNEDINOSHOOT4 and before ANNEENDGAME1. Between that, the document has 8 listings of ANNEEFFORT. It appears one of these listed are not actually in the TPA, which is why after this section the numbers are all thrown off by one if you compare the list to what is actually in the TPA. Just thought I would mention it!
tatu

Post by tatu »

machf, one I noticed in the Vocal triggers in the PH level which doesn't seem to be named in the file, it is not mention as unknown either, just blank:

776156E0 - Misc-Rapt-Exhale

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Thanks, I haven't gone through all the triggers yet...

The ones marked "unknown" are unknown from the retail and/or Beta96. the ones left blank are newer unknowns from these files...

EDIT:

There were two more from that group also in a trigger, plus "GROWL" which is the fourth...

Code: Select all

MISC-RAPT-BREATH1
MISC-RAPT-BREATH2
MISC-RAPT-EXHALE
MISC-RAPT-GROWL
I had been searching for the names earlier, but they sounded more like a TREX to me, a bit loud for a RAPT
Anyway, that's another 4 down now... 27 to go . I'll upload updated versions of all the files tomorrow (and by ALL, I mean the 4 - now including the E3 one, too).
EDIT2: uploaded them already - check my sig and the Downloads page.

Quick question: some time ago I started making one for the Demo, too... should I finish it, just for the sake of completeness?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Yeah, go with the Demo too, so we have all the official TPA's done, even if the demo only uses some of them!

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

scallenger wrote:
machf wrote:Here's the first version of the listing (in Excel .XLS format) of the names from the sounds in the TPAs from the PC Gamer files...
Awesome document, although I have discovered while doing something that it doesn't quite match up. I noticed the numbers don't match what is described past a certain point and narrowed it down between item after ANNEDINOSHOOT4 and before ANNEENDGAME1. Between that, the document has 8 listings of ANNEEFFORT. It appears one of these listed are not actually in the TPA, which is why after this section the numbers are all thrown off by one if you compare the list to what is actually in the TPA. Just thought I would mention it!
Hmmm... see how the first column is labeled "Block #", but later there is another one labeled "Sample #"? That second one is the one you should be looking at, since different blocks (with different names) may refer to the same sample... that's why after a while, both counts don't match.

And I strongly suggest that you use EffectsEditor (Lee released an updated version the other day among the tools together with the latest version of CE) in order to load and listen to .CAU files...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I've been going through the TPA files for those other builds, you can check my sig for new links for Build 55 and updates to the old ones. Build 97's TPAs are the same as 96's, but I may upload a separate listing anyway... currently working on Build 99 (need to go through the Foley table and list the SoundMaterials, though I'm thinking of dropping the latter), then I'll go through Build 103's files.

EDIT: Oh, and the Demo's listing is in the "back burner". I had been working on it some time ago, but now I can't remember what still needs to be done to finish with it... possibly not much, but I need to look at it carefully.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Great news :D

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Hey, you guys wouldn't happen to know the official name of the rap song used in build 55's test scene would you? I highly doubt its use was authorized, probably why it was removed from the final. Sadly, this also made the music button not work in the testscene.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Hey, you guys wouldn't happen to know the official name of the rap song used in build 55's test scene would you? I highly doubt its use was authorized, probably why it was removed from the final. Sadly, this also made the music button not work in the testscene.
Well, in fact... it's one of the things included in Build 55's files. Tatu made me notice it before I had had the time to search through the level files (I think it's in TestScene).
tatu

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:
glitchhunter09 wrote:Hey, you guys wouldn't happen to know the official name of the rap song used in build 55's test scene would you? I highly doubt its use was authorized, probably why it was removed from the final. Sadly, this also made the music button not work in the testscene.
Well, in fact... it's one of the things included in Build 55's files. Tatu made me notice it before I had had the time to search through the level files (I think it's in TestScene).
The original is this one IIRC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAV0gZ8Idb0

Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Don't have it installed right now, but is that the same as the tune that plays while installing build 55?