The Dinosaur Pens level

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: The Dinosaur Pens level

Post by RexHunter99 »

*Ahem* I still play it at 640x480, sometimes when I want max speed I'll play it at 320x240.
I'm not to fussed about resolutions anymore, I play even some of the new games at the lowest resolution just because AA fixes it all, and its not much different anyway.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheGuy wrote:I'm not sure that that's an ATX feature... I think an unmodified exe would do the same thing, but don't quote on me, I'm probably wrong >.<
Nope, sorry. Only the original levels get that advantage - you can replace the original TGA files (as you've done for CE) but for new level loading images, you need to place a TGA file with a name corresponding to the SCN file of a level in the MAPS\LBG directory. 8)
RexHunter99 wrote:*Ahem* I still play it at 640x480, sometimes when I want max speed I'll play it at 320x240.
I'm not to fussed about resolutions anymore, I play even some of the new games at the lowest resolution just because AA fixes it all, and its not much different anyway.
Heheh, I'd tend to agree. I also play Tres at 640x480 - my graphics card no longer supports 320x240 after the driver update I did recently, which is sometimes a problem! :cry:
(Oh and, 800x600 appears distorted on my monitors for any game, so I can't use it.)
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Really? thats not good :(
When i use 800x600 I get these weird parabolas from the top and bottom of the screen, they aren't as noticable when playing a game, but when you hit a dark area or a black screen, they are as visible as hell.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

RexHunter99 wrote:When i use 800x600 I get these weird parabolas from the top and bottom of the screen, they aren't as noticable when playing a game, but when you hit a dark area or a black screen, they are as visible as hell.
Wow, that's even stranger.. for me it's just a horizontal compression. Screenshots come out fine but it appears distorted on the monitor.
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Draconisaurus wrote:(Oh and, 800x600 appears distorted on my monitors for any game, so I can't use it.)
Sounds like you need to configure your monitor with its controls (they are saved per resolutions, so obviously 800x600 has been wrongly configured in the past) unless BOTH monitors are on their lest days.
ImageImage
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha, no it was like that to begin with, in all the years that I had only internal graphics drivers (no card).
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

A few screens from the level (yes, still working on it):

Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

*Sorry I just can't resist this*
Sergeant Avery Johnson: "Bad ass Elite units, all KIA."
Captain Jacob Keyes: "Looks real pretty... Friend of yours?"
Private Bisenti: "Nah we just met..."
(The bolded/highlighted text is my comment XD, anyone care to guess where it's from?)
EpicZen
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

@ RexHunter99
That's easy: Halo: Combat Evolved, the scene right before the Master Chief meets the flood.
machf wrote:Image
That looks like the bridge in Pine Valley.
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

[quote="machf"]A few screens from the level (yes, still working on it)[quote="machf"]

Looks great!
Site B was not meant to be a theme park, but a research station. This is where we did the real work.
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

machf wrote:Image
Nice, hope there are some nice puzzles! :D And some difficult ones...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oooo, yay the road! Nice bridge setup.. mental image is starting to fall into place..
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

Hey Machf, can we expect a general release date sometime soon? @Drac: Haha, yeah... Btw, when did you log on AIM last?
Site B was not meant to be a theme park, but a research station. This is where we did the real work.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

JPFan95 wrote:Hey Machf, can we expect a general release date sometime soon?
Generally not a good idea to push for release dates, particularly when you haven't released anything. ;)
@Drac: Haha, yeah... Btw, when did you log on AIM last?
Don't remember. I'm rarely on because a) Not many people talk to me on it anymore b) leaving 2 IMs running was eating up system resources, and it's pretty obvious which one had to go..
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

Indeed, you do have a point... However, I have been tooling around in TresEd for a long while now. Expect a level for Christmas, possibly Valentine's Day, hell, maybe even St. Patrick's Day. It's still iffy, though. It all depends on how greatly my modding skills increase... Anyone care to help out?