TPDC questions

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

salvosuper
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by salvosuper »

i found a program called 3dwin and used it to convert a blender exported *.obj model (textured) to *.3ds and then to import it in tres with geomadd. it worked!
Mankind is overrated.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

I would just import then into max, and export in TMP using the TMP scripts (you'll get better quality models).
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Interesting. But it's not freeware, right? It says the demo "may miss every 5th triangle" when exporting to another format...
chronzerg wrote:I would just import then into max, and export in TMP using the TMP scripts (you'll get better quality models).
Have you ever tried importing a .obj file into MAX? It doesn't support it natively...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
salvosuper
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by salvosuper »

i dont have max, that was my problem. and cant install gmax
Mankind is overrated.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Say, that's a nice raptor you have there. :)

I've been planning to toy with Blender some more soon. Now, I'm not a Py person, but I might write up an export script as exercise. :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

That was a nice raptor. :) Where did it come from? *thinks about Trespassing*
salvosuper
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by salvosuper »

you mean the model of this topic? just made it in blender with these ref pics months ago then quit due to dull texturing (i think im gonna buy one of those design tablets) - i know the jp3 raptor has a more prominent crest than the jp1 one (but these were the only front-side images i could find) so it ended up to be a mixture of the two (but with jp1 skin)

anyway, i wanted to ask a thing about crysis, how can you plan everything if the game is not yet released? or has the sandbox editor/sdk already been announced/released? :?:
and of course i'd be extremely happy to see this (yet unfinished) work in any game (but for trespasser it would need to much revision - re texturing, re modeling, cause everything exceedes engine capabilities)
Mankind is overrated.
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

hey salvosuper, your raptor is really cool 8) , it looks like an exact replica of the jurassic park raptor, great job! :yes: :D
salvosuper
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by salvosuper »

thank you (and the others too) :D
Mankind is overrated.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well Crytek has given so much inside info on their game and requirements for new models and what will be included in the Sandbox2 editor, it's not even funny. They even announced polygon limits.
su37Ryan
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by su37Ryan »

hrmm this is a nice raptor is it finished cause if it is i wanna get it somehow XP
su37Ryan
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by su37Ryan »

how did u make this?

b/c i wanna learn how to make my own dinosaurs for trespasser or for the community.
su37Ryan
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by su37Ryan »

hey this raptor is from gmod dinosaur packs :/
salvosuper
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by salvosuper »

su37Ryan wrote:hey this raptor is from gmod dinosaur packs :/
:D no no, you're surely wrong....
i made it from scratch :yes: (and, as i said many times, i dont have gmod since i cannot install it :x )
I could even send you the original files with different stages of the making :wink:

it is not finished, if you want you can try texturing it...
Mankind is overrated.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

machf wrote:Have you ever tried importing a .obj file into MAX? It doesn't support it natively...
Well, I found a import script for GMAX to import OBJ. Also one to export em. But doesn't MAX come with a script to import / export obj, I really thought it did.