Bool Act??? & Update T-script Reference

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Big Red
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Big Red »

I bet these are for ActionType 8, "Set Image Cache":
Some may be additional parameters for ActionType 7.
If I recall, most of those were for the terrain AT.
@BigRed: I'm listening, in case you want to give more details about the process...
I'm slowly writing a guide for the EXE. I might try to describe it there; I'll do my best...
And these may be for ActionType 4, "Show Overlay":
Yes, in fact most of those were.
Trespasser ATX modification web site:
http://atx.trescom.org/
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Ok, I was working on a more aggressive herbavore, one which would defend itself against attack. i'll post my vids up later, but for now I will say what I discovered.

ActShoulderCharge

It causes the dinosaur the run beside another dinosaur and ram him with it's side. Not every effect against raptor, seeing that the raptors aren't harmed by it, and just continue biting the victim.

ActTailSwipe

This one did extremely little. It made a stegasur want to stay near its attack which was really wierd. I put tailswipe as the only action the steg had, and the steg followed the attacking raptor if it walked to far off. If the raptor was behind the steg, it would kind of charge at it backward, I guess trying to make contact with its tail. I wouldn't turn around to fight with its tail, but would only use the tail if the raptor was near it. Pretty much useless.

ActMoveby

This action alone did nothing at all.

ActWander

This action alone made the dinoaru wander

-----------------

Here are the videos

http://files.filefront.com/Fight_1rar/; ... einfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/Fight_2rar/; ... einfo.html

There are two of them, the first one with one raptor, the secon with two. You can seethe actions in action.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Ok, I got all the Herbavore attack to work.

ActRam

Tscript: bool ActRam = true

Description: The dinosaur rams the target object with its head physics box.

Requirements: The head physics box has a damage value (float Damage = 5.0000)

ActShouldCharge

Tscript: bool ActShoulderRam = true

Description: The dinosaur rams the target object with its body physics box, most of the time using the shoulder area.

Requirements: The body physics box needs a damage value (float Damage = 5.0000)

ActTailSwipe

Tscript: bool ActTailSwipe = true

Description: The dinosaur rams the target with its tail physics box. The dinosaur will run backward while doing this action. At times the action does not work, and the dinosaur often misses it target.

Requirements: The tail physics box needs a damage value (float Damage = 20.0000)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

All of the damage values of the various parts seem only to give damage if they are used in an action, or if a dinosaur is crushed by them.

For instance: If you run into the body of dinosaur, and it is doing the actbite command, you will not recieve much damage if not no damage. When the dinosaur falls on to of you, you receieve damage until you die, or get out from under the dinosaur.

This rule is seemingly overridden by a high damage value.

For instance, when you touch the tail of a stegosaur, which has a tail physics box with a damge value of 20.0000, you still recieve.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

Nice research there, chronzerg. :)

I always thought that ActTailSwipe just never worked.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Awesome. I got ActFient to work. You guys will love this.

ActFient

Tscript: bool ActFient = true

Description: The dinosaur does the ActBite actions, but only "nips" its target with its teeth, or pulls back before hitting the target at all.

Requirements: You must specify a "FeintTargetDistance" (float FeintTargetDistance = #.#####)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

<cough> tc_isle </cough>
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

...and I was just checking this thread yesterday. Interesting to see an update.
What happened to the idea of updating the t-script reference?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Rebel wrote:<cough> tc_isle </cough>
Un, whoops. I am looking back, and seeing that people already posted this up in this thread (lmao).

I found some more stuff too.

ActTestHeadOrient

ActTestMouth

ActTestWagTail

ActTestHeadPosition

These are all dead actions.

Also, I found some remnants in the exe that seen to point towards more personality "float" values. They are as follows:

float HumanLove

float HumanAnger

float Human(ect.)

They basically have them for all of the original personality values. You think these values would only effect the dinosaur mood towards Anne. I have yet to test them.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Or possibly in the VERY early days when they may have intended on putting a human on the island.. these days, the more I think about it, the more I bet the earliest Tres concepts had another human on the island, possibly a BioSyn spy (whose helicopter crashed) or else someone who was left behind..
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Thats a great Idea and it goes with some of the objects in Tres such as the bloody whiteboard and some other objects the hunters would not have come into contact with.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Test-scene has a human head, which is severed, but not rotten yet. This would show the person would have died not too long before anne would encounter his corpse (no more than a day for sure). Perhaps your "partner" dies.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

LOL pretty sure that is a trespasser dev, inserted into the test scene purely for fun.. :lol:
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

No, I meant only if it was used in the real game. Has anyone else seen any other signs of human life.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

I was looking through the "Jungle Road" level, and I saw an odd t-script value. If you look at Para01-00, he has a value that says

Code: Select all

float Bravery = 0.000000
    [b]bool MoveAway = true[/b]
    float WakeUp = 75.000000
I thought that that one value was interesting;"bool moveaway = true". I wonder what it does. I am going to test the level with, and without it. Results soon.

Edit1:

Tested it out, and removing the value made little to no difference. Of course we have to remember that these values are like ingredients to the dinosaur. They are the little details that make it lifelike, so we may have another action value on our hands, unless they mispelled it, and forgot to put the "act" part (actmoveaway), I don't know.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah ActMoveAway is just one of a number of values that make parasaurs naturally avoid the player.. any time you see it moving away from you, it could be using that AI action. It ties in with the Fear emotion.

and btw bbcode tags don't work inside code :P