TPM export plugin bug

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

TPM export plugin bug

Post by machf »

OK, this may have been already reported, but...

If I import a .3ds file and want to export it to .tpm with the export plugin, it won't write the material data. I have to save the mesh (not EXPORT it) to a new file first after importing the .3ds, then load that new file, and only then the material data will be written when exporting to .tpm. Weird...

It doesn't change anything if I apply the materials to the scene, or if I re-select the bitmaps associated with a material...

As I already said, weird...

Of course (I was forgetting to mention this) this is the reason why sometimes when people import a .tpm file into a level with GeomAdd, they get a textureless (black) mesh. I tried avoiding it by importing the original .3ds file, but if it's a compound object (or a scene with several objects), GeomAdd tends to place them all centered on the same spot (be it 0,0,0 or the user-specified value), and also applies the same scale factor to all of them (if you think that shouldn't be a problem, well, you haven't worked with enough models).
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files