GeomAdd Level Rename

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

GeomAdd Level Rename

Post by the ARK »

I was renaming my JR+ level from jr.scn to jrplus.scn, when I opened the new level, everything was wrong. Even the starting position had changed. Models were missing and something seemed wrong with the terrain. The jr.scn played JR+ perfectly. I also tried to rename PVRun to pvrun.scn, but the new scn won't even load. It worked fine renaming The Jungle. Is there something I can do, or is it just that the rename function is experimental?
This is truly one of the most disappointing moments in gaming history. Gamers are being reduced to digging through the game's installed files to discover what was supposed to happen in the game they just bought.
Andres
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Andres »

What exactly was wrong with jr+? Did the level look like the original jr level, or were the jr+ objects there, just in wrong places or something?

Only problems I can think of at the moment are: might not work if you are running the level with the demo of trespasser, or if the full patch is installed. Delete any jr.scx file from your Trespaser directory, perhaps that is conflicting somehow.
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

Some of the models appear to be there, but the starting point is completely different and appears to be completely OTP. I'll play around a bit more and try to find what went wrong?
This is truly one of the most disappointing moments in gaming history. Gamers are being reduced to digging through the game's installed files to discover what was supposed to happen in the game they just bought.
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

I looked around, but didn't see anything that made a difference.