Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

"Trespasser Error Database"

Post by Slugger »

Well guys, I'm starting this project, and need some help:

1. I'm wonder if someone could build me a template for it. I can do it, just that it will take longer. :)

2. I need you guys to post errors, and solutions to them.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

I haven't used HTML code in a while. The 'Trespasser Photography' project forced me to refresh my memory. Consider me as a last resort for this reason:

-I am busy with the trespasser photography

but i am capable of what u ask...
if no1 else can do it...i may wif up something for u...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: "Trespasser Error Database"

Post by Draconisaurus »

Interesting..... Anyone think this would still be a good idea? A description of possible errors and how to address them could be seen as fundamentally different from a description of how to avoid them, but then, how many errors in Tres can actually be fixed after they happen, anyway? :yum: Other than basic things GeomAdd reports... Actually. Maybe a database like this could be used for the creation of a Trespasser Debugger, which reads the files and detects errors.. I'm sure Rex could do that at some point, and maybe build it into a future new Geomadd-type program..
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Yeah, this is still a great ide, atleast now, when trespasser gets older, the computers get newer and the errors grow, and to many it would be a great to alot of players
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

I've had the vision of something a lot like they have at interlopers.com. You paste in a compile log and then it will check it and show all the errors and solutions it picked up. Somethign maybe similar could be applied. Typing in a few keywords and such and it will show up errors.
Only thing is for problems like graphical issues and such many people would have different way to describe what's happening so it would need to broad but also in that case could show a lot of errors and solutions not relevant.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Eh, yeah, I don't think an automatic approach like that would be the best idea for us. I am first off hoping to assist Rex, using my long-term experience of bugs etc, to improve the error-catching of the level debugger (currently GeomAdd's Verify Level function, as well as TresEd's spelling check etc., though there will be something akin to it in Rex's tools). I'd say we should wait to see what is not covered by that (logic errors can be difficult to catch in that fashion), and make a sort of organized thing which covers errors starting in general areas and getting more and more specific.. I think it would give new modders a hell of a lot more confidence.