How are things going?

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Rebel wrote:Maybe it's the Dam that can account for that one white n' brown pixelated area on the hilllside. Going by shape, I'd say that's a definite structure of some sort up there.
It's no doubt a structure (well, can't think of anything else it could be :) ). I think I'll import it (the dam) and see whether I can match it up with the map texture...
Tomi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Tomi »

The dam doesn´t seem to make sense in that spot. Unless they edited it a bit when they moved it to the town. Added bridges and stuff.

It doesn´t make any sense. Why´d they spend so much time to re-edit the lab and town levels, heavily altered the PV to demo, change all the stuff ect. Why didn´t they just fix all the problems in PV?! And why they left so much tracks behind them? :)

Is it just me or does anybody else remember a pic definitely from pine valley where there was a cavity and some rotten planks in it? There was a bridge aswell. I saw it somewhere in 1998 before trespasser was released. It was similiar to the level loading pic that was in the retail CD.

I remember it because I thought back then that it was one of the coolest pic from trespasser. It looked like you needed first to find some planks to cover the holes in the bridge before you could pass it.

-Tomi
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

The Dam doesn't belong in the town level. I also recall reading in one of the many articles written before the game's release, that in the Plain's level, one was suppose to find an element of the Dam controls to 'fix' it.

Scattered memory, here. So, it was the Town, Plains, P.V. and then the Lab. They combined, the Town and The Plains level, omitted P.V., and went straight to the INgen Lab. Seems to me, that they spent time restructuring the Town level and used the Dam simply because they had the model and wanted to use it somewhere. Bottom line; if my fuzzy memory is correct, then the Dam doesn't belong in P.V. either, though regardless, there 'is' a building (and a very large one), up on that hill in P.V.
I remember it because I thought back then that it was one of the coolest pic from trespasser. It looked like you needed first to find some planks to cover the holes in the bridge before you could pass it.
I don't recall the pic, though I do recall another interview with Seamus Blackey mentioning that puzzle.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Interesting...
Wajas
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by Wajas »

To quote Rich Wychoff
Because of...general time constraints, we cut out the whole plains and added the dam area to the town level - originally, you would have entered that level as soon as you left the town gate, and instead of a wall of hills alongside the road to the dam, you would have had the wide-open plains.