New Level by Scallenger: BioSyn's Hideout

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

New Level by Scallenger: BioSyn's Hideout

Post by scallenger »

well, it is not done yet. i am still working on it. i am not great at level making so it wont be spectacular, but it should be entertaining. basically, you are a employee of biosyn and are sent to site b on a visit to see the company beginning their "construction" of their own research facility. but, a hurricane hits when you arrive on helicopter, as it crashes in front of the facility. you alone survive the crash as are now stranded at the once "new" biosyn facility, which is now destroyed by the storm.

i will try to have new music in it (using tpa add), new voice overs, and put in some models from the trescom level (dont worry, i wont say i made them) and i will also put in some of the "lost" models. electric fences are a key element.

anyway, it should be fun. expect a release sometime next month.
Troodon

Post by Troodon »

Great news Scallenger, I can't wait to play through your new level! Keep it up and let us know when it's ready! :)
madppiper

Post by madppiper »

yeah! I'll love to see it as well...

keep me informed... (once you got images, I'll gladly post them up at trescom.org as well)
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

GREAT!!!
Hey Scallenger,

I can't wait to her about the "sign"... ;) ;) ;)
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
MikeTheRaptor
Antispam: No

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Well the level with new music and stuff sounds great, but I really don't like the story line... it doesn't exactally make sense since it's not logical to go onto a island overrun with dinosaurs and destroyed buildings and trying to make a new facility there. Don't think anyone would do that, especially BioSyn - not to mention that story has been mentioned & used zillions of times all over the place...

No offense but I really.. dislike that storyline (to put it nicely).

'course I do think BioSyn would try and get information they could use to create the dinos, but I really think the idea of them making a new facility on the same island (or another for that matter) is ridiculous and too similar to Jurassic Park's plot.
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

i'm always up for opinion :D

however, the storyline must stay, for I am almost done with the level. i can imagine that a week after christmas break, you will all be able to play it.

and btw.... screenshots up tonight. :D

but dont expect things to spectacular (well maybe a little :D)

i already have the music i want as well. these are what soundracks they are from:

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
The Time Machine
Jurassic Park 3
WaterWorld

My sister is doing the voice of "Jan"... the BioSyn employee that you play. ;)
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

well, slight delay in level screenshots. i had to redo most of it last night due to mistakes i made and changes i wanted to make. however, i have tested out TPAAdd, and indeed, it does work. i have made a new tpa file (with the help of the blank TPA rebel made), and put it all my music and voice-overs (which are funny at times).

so, i will release a beta version of my level next week. but if you all want a REALLY good level, i will put up the final version in a month or so.

anyhow, screenshots up soon. sorry for delays.
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

Can't wait! :D
This is truly one of the most disappointing moments in gaming history. Gamers are being reduced to digging through the game's installed files to discover what was supposed to happen in the game they just bought.
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

well, i just sent madppiper a very long e-mail about the level which he should, i suspect, put up on the news very soon. no, its not coming out YET, and no, there are no screenshots. :D lol. you'll see for yourself.