Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon
Antispam: No

Re: Crator Level (edited)

Post by awesome24712 »

As I had posted on the YouTube video:
If you had asked me 8 years ago if someone would be modding my levels 8 years later and playing them here on YouTube, I'd say I would burst out laughing and spill my hot chocolate all over me. And I'd be right.

Thanks for making this, this made my day. I liked the bits where you were walking along tree branches.

That raptor pit at the end, does that actually lead anywhere? Is there a key item there?
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Nice.

Is the audio supposed to be sound like that? Sounds like the EAX settings is set so it ends up being and echo
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Jackmills
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Jackmills »

tatu wrote:Nice.

Is the audio supposed to be sound like that? Sounds like the EAX settings is set so it ends up being and echo
No, its just Nvidia's recording (ShadowPlay I think it's called) messing up the sound.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

The notepad has a reminder of your burial... or a reference to Jack Discoll from King Kong...

Huh, a complex platformer, I like it. Tree-navigation is sorely missing in Trespasser, might as well put a lot in there..
Jackmills
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Jackmills »

Draconisaurus wrote:The notepad has a reminder of your burial... or a reference to Jack Discoll from King Kong...

Huh, a complex platformer, I like it. Tree-navigation is sorely missing in Trespasser, might as well put a lot in there..
It's the most difficult area to navigate by far, I might add more in.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Also don't spoil it all for us -
Jackmills
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Jackmills »

Draconisaurus wrote:Also don't spoil it all for us -
Something has changed a lot, I won't spoil it :)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

The screenshots you've posted look cool so far - that box pile puzzle is something that would make even the original crate-happy developers jealous. :wink: I'm wondering if maybe you're going a bit too heavy on the box puzzles at this point - might want to try changing things up a bit with some different ideas (don't get me wrong, that epic box stack looks like it'll be a real challenge even for the veterans).
tatu wrote:Looks interesting. You working on this makes me in a bit of a mood to start doing my own level that is not based on an official level :)
I'm with you on that one, tatu...kind of feeling like doing something simple (that doesn't take 65 million years to work on *cough RTJP cough*) as a side project just for fun myself!

EDIT: Fixed the link for your Youtube video so it actually displays in the thread. :)
Jackmills
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Jackmills »

I've done enough changes to Awesome's Crater level. I'm calling it done because I want to move on to something new (Trespasser related) I won't list the changes because I would like it to be adventurous when playing it, without knowing changes. Give it a shot if you got time to kill. I have taken other people's work for this edit so credits go to them. I will rename this level "Craters Evolved" because the level is different and for the better, in my opinion.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2ihah38x3 ... d.rar/file
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Let's take a look...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

So I've been playing this game for a bit tonight. Have come full circle within the areas arrayed around the helicopter. Managed to find the gas tank, but only the white-green-blue keycard (not the white one), no trailer key, and no idea how to enter the brown-fenced area. Further exploration of the level would AFAIK only lead to areas I've already been. Any hints?
Jackmills
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Jackmills »

Draconisaurus wrote:So I've been playing this game for a bit tonight. Have come full circle within the areas arrayed around the helicopter. Managed to find the gas tank, but only the white-green-blue keycard (not the white one), no trailer key, and no idea how to enter the brown-fenced area. Further exploration of the level would AFAIK only lead to areas I've already been. Any hints?
Clue - It's in a hole but it's above the hole. It has an object with bent but sharp ends.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hum I already found the crowbar.. Didn't think it would be a puzzle item :|
Jackmills
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Jackmills »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hum I already found the crowbar.. Didn't think it would be a puzzle item :|
Awesome pulled a sneak, we didn't expect it, lol.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Tres is full of so many items and you can only carry 2 at once, it's hard to know what's for a puzzle..