TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:27 am 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

This is my new upcoming level, heavily inspired by The_Idiot's MegaJungle release.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:49 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Wow dude that looks quite promising! 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:50 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

At last I get to see what you've been doing with those assets you got me to create! Really love seeing others using my stuff in new levels, as I'd hoped when I put them into MegaJungle. :) Still need to make new hanging vines and moss...

Anyway, the level looks excellent so far! The view up from beneath the bridge is super cool - I do hope that we get to walk under there (one of my favorite game-y things is seeing a cool location from a distance before you actually get there). And the trail running through the jungle...a bit of a JP1 reference, perhaps?

Couple of tiny suggestions:
- The ends of the bridge could use a bit of terrain work to better match up with the terrain, as right now you can see the gap between the cliff and the bridge model itself. You might be able to do this with rocks if you don't want to spend too much time fiddling around with the terrain.
- Maybe make the train tunnel cave-in look a little bit more realistic? See the collapsed tunnel in Tres Legacy for a good example of a cave-in...there should be more small rocks and pieces of cement mixed in, and a pile of gravel and rock would have massed at the base of the collapse. Like so:
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)

Also it seems the amaumau fern on the right of the trail image has a tiny texture issue which I'll have to correct for the next MegaJungle version, which will be out soon. Should be a couple of new trees you might be able to use included in there as well.

My currently active projects:
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:20 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Just want to put in that TI has a nice suggestion for the cave-in but don't forget some pieces of debris can definitely be big ones.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:40 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Looks pretty cool, nice work. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:54 pm 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. TI, I'll take your advice and try to make the cave-in a bit more realistic. And yeah, that trail going through fallen palms and ferns is kinda meant to reference JP1 :P