CrossBow Level Example

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

CrossBow Level Example

Post by Rebel »

The Zip is below; it's a stand alone package utilizing Big Red's atx actiontypes. The bow
works on the same principle as that of our speargun in tc_isle.

Note: The bow has to be stored away (on Anne's back) before you can actually load
the arrow to the bow. To spare you from walking, whether you hit the target or ground,
the arrow will reappear on the little standing table in a few seconds after impact. This
is just a proof of concept level, so other than shooting the crossbow (and I imagine too,
exploring how it actually works using TresEd), there's no other points of interest.
Attachments
CBow_Level.zip
C_Bow Proof of Concept Level
(16.08 MiB) Downloaded 510 times
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: CrossBow Level Example

Post by TheIdiot »

Pretty cool stuff! I'd like to see something similar executed using the CE actions, though, since this is unplayable for me as I can't use ATX. Does the arrow actually fly when shot?

I should see about working my rocket launcher into a standalone level like this as it executes the same concept using CE actions instead...
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:Pretty cool stuff! I'd like to see something similar executed using the CE actions, though, since this is unplayable for me as I can't use ATX. Does the arrow actually fly when shot?
How come you can't use ATX? I had to put it in Windows 98 or XP Service Pack 2 mode and admin mode in order for it to work.

And yes, it does fly :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

TI, I played Rebel's original release of the crossbow before he gave it its own engine, and it worked fine on CE. If needed you can find it in the TC admin forum it was originally posted in.