Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

4ushT

Post by Draconisaurus »

'Ello all. I found "UxmalCanyon" to be a fairly successful side mod. Continuing in that vein of activity, I've just started a new mod called "4ushT". It contains a forest from an alien world with secrets to be uncovered and fearful environs to survive. It is partially or mostly inspired by the comic books series The Woods Having lots of fun makin' it, should be good.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: 4ushT

Post by tatu »

That is some really nice coloring :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks! Manipulated the clut to show only red-to-purple color range. 'Nyways done with 4ushT work for now, moving on to more work on my show.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

The lighting and sky is quite cool, but I think you should put your modelling skills to work
and create some alien foilage. Check out old Lost In Space pics. ;)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heheh thanks but my Friday projects are meant to be lesser in scale. My major non-youtube-show project currently is Site C (Isla Muerta). These lesser Friday projects help to destress from the doings of the rest of each week. Only minor new models might come up, otherwise I like assembling new content from the existing Tres mod pool.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I like the look of this with the vivid lighting and all, though I would suggest that you brighten the scene a smidge and slightly reduce the red colour to avoid eye strain. It seems to me that playing this for a while and trying to pick out details between the shades of red might wear on your eyes a bit, sort of like the Virtual Boy.

The Primal Prey-style Raptor is really cool, I wish we'd see it used more.
Rebel wrote:The lighting and sky is quite cool, but I think you should put your modelling skills to work
and create some alien foilage. Check out old Lost In Space pics. ;)
Draconisaurus wrote:Heheh thanks but my Friday projects are meant to be lesser in scale. My major non-youtube-show project currently is Site C (Isla Muerta). These lesser Friday projects help to destress from the doings of the rest of each week. Only minor new models might come up, otherwise I like assembling new content from the existing Tres mod pool.
Drac, why not take some of your prehistoric plants and reskin them for a more alien look? They already look somewhat strange due to them being foreign to use humans, and I think they would fit the alien planet quite well.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Meh. I might do alien foliage for a different mod. Not at this time.
As for the color... I think I set the color range to red-to-purple, I should do red-to-blue, might look nicer.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Soooooooo I am busy backing up my computer, seeing as I rarely do and this machine is getting a little old and slow. May even have to get a new laptop just to do toy filming this Summer. Regardless, while backing everything up I went through all the data folders and looked up various old and abandoned modding projects of mine. Going to be slowly releasing these in the coming weeks, for your enjoyment, and since all/most won't be worked on in the future. Prefer to start 'em fresh I guess. 'Nyways here is the first one!

https://app.box.com/s/1c15vuspcjszcno9v6zk645jlyeagrap
4ushT01.jpg
4ushT01.jpg (226.1 KiB) Viewed 6374 times
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

So I ran through this level last night and I got to say, I absolutely love the atmosphere in it. This was probably one of the best night-time levels I've played, and it probably would've been even better with a CE enhanced sky. I also liked the use of the more rare dinosaur models that aren't really used in other mods. And not to spoil too much, but I was astonished by all of the new assets that could be found throughout the map. Even though you're not going to work on this anymore, I'm glad that some of these assets might be used for future modders.
Spoiler: show
Also nice Hero Twins Xibalba ballcourt, if I'm not mistaken, that you made :P .
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Just recently I'd been wondering about this level, strangely enough. I'll check it out later tonight. Shame there are so many mod projects that are unfinished, but it's always good to see them released. I feel like I should do the same with some of my stuff as well...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks TresGuy 8) Many of these assets came from my show, released for the first time here. The basement has even more new assets. The atmosphere was specially designed - ongoing thanks to machf for the Greenhouse level, and to Rebel for the Greco-Roman assets. And yes, that was a classic Mesoamerican backcourt. I think the basement has a ball for it. 8)

TI, that sounds good! Looking forward to your review.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Okay, I still haven't had time to play this level, however I did give it a quick look in TresEd (sad to have spoiled some parts of it, but it still looks fun to play). There's one thing in this level I'll mention when I go over it in greater detail that I absolutely love. :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sooo, who all's had a chance to play this? I'm delaying the release of the next level accordingly. Several things to show-off... Including ah, LostJungle3, already finished, which I do hope will impress.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

I'm so stoked to see LostJungle3 after you mentioned it! :yes:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »