TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:08 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 4ushT
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:35 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

'Ello all. I found "UxmalCanyon" to be a fairly successful side mod. Continuing in that vein of activity, I've just started a new mod called "4ushT". It contains a forest from an alien world with secrets to be uncovered and fearful environs to survive. It is partially or mostly inspired by the comic books series The Woods Having lots of fun makin' it, should be good.

Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)

Post subject: Re: 4ushT
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:24 pm 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

That is some really nice coloring :)

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:59 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Thanks! Manipulated the clut to show only red-to-purple color range. 'Nyways done with 4ushT work for now, moving on to more work on my show.

Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:59 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

The lighting and sky is quite cool, but I think you should put your modelling skills to work
and create some alien foilage. Check out old Lost In Space pics. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:36 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Heheh thanks but my Friday projects are meant to be lesser in scale. My major non-youtube-show project currently is Site C (Isla Muerta). These lesser Friday projects help to destress from the doings of the rest of each week. Only minor new models might come up, otherwise I like assembling new content from the existing Tres mod pool.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:45 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

I like the look of this with the vivid lighting and all, though I would suggest that you brighten the scene a smidge and slightly reduce the red colour to avoid eye strain. It seems to me that playing this for a while and trying to pick out details between the shades of red might wear on your eyes a bit, sort of like the Virtual Boy.

The Primal Prey-style Raptor is really cool, I wish we'd see it used more.

Rebel wrote:
The lighting and sky is quite cool, but I think you should put your modelling skills to work
and create some alien foilage. Check out old Lost In Space pics. ;)

Draconisaurus wrote:
Heheh thanks but my Friday projects are meant to be lesser in scale. My major non-youtube-show project currently is Site C (Isla Muerta). These lesser Friday projects help to destress from the doings of the rest of each week. Only minor new models might come up, otherwise I like assembling new content from the existing Tres mod pool.

Drac, why not take some of your prehistoric plants and reskin them for a more alien look? They already look somewhat strange due to them being foreign to use humans, and I think they would fit the alien planet quite well.

My currently active projects:
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:11 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Meh. I might do alien foliage for a different mod. Not at this time.
As for the color... I think I set the color range to red-to-purple, I should do red-to-blue, might look nicer.