TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:09 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:15 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

As a general rule I don't like returning to mods and modifying them... I like to let them solidify and have their own histories afterward. Am thinking along the lines of a different cavernous level with obvious visual differences, we'll see what I come up with.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:06 pm 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Spoiler: show
TheIdiot wrote:
Quote:
The terrain issue - as long as you'll continue to be dissatisfied with "reused" Trespasser terrain, I will continue to be recolonizing all the various areas of Isla Sorna with different varieties of coverage, to spin a massive web of intentionally-structured Tres variation. 8) It is as well an ancient Trespasser tradition, with levels like TC Act 1 and The Four Towers having been like this since years ago. I view the various areas of Tres-Sorna as books with different chapters to read with each new created variation.

Fair enough, but I'm still going to bring it up unless you manage to disguise the level to the point that I don't notice.

To be fair, while TC Act 1 and The Four Towers reuse Trespasser terrains they do modify them quite a lot. On another note. I like seeing them being reused and made into something else. Making a terrain from scratch or modify one can be really time consuming. I wished there were more mods that would just be good old retail level modifications ;)

Quote:
Am curious to find out when I'll next make a scary underground level where the atmosphere lesson may be applied. :pirate:

You don't have to make a new one - just continue this! I'd love to see the level expanded on...more stuff to see, a bit more detail here and there, whichever critiques you'd like to follow up on. I'm sure you could take this level and make it a 10/10 if you stuck with it! We already have a version of the level to play, but it would be exciting to see new areas teased for each upcoming version and such.[/quote]

TI, I bug him often about this, to take time with a level and fix stuff that comes up ;)

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:30 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Hehe. Next time the tunnels will be more diverse and puzzle-oriented, as when I made this one the puzzles were only loosely planned before building the hallways.