Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Uxmal Canyon (Released!)

Post by Draconisaurus »

As a general rule I don't like returning to mods and modifying them... I like to let them solidify and have their own histories afterward. Am thinking along the lines of a different cavernous level with obvious visual differences, we'll see what I come up with.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Spoiler: show
TheIdiot wrote:
The terrain issue - as long as you'll continue to be dissatisfied with "reused" Trespasser terrain, I will continue to be recolonizing all the various areas of Isla Sorna with different varieties of coverage, to spin a massive web of intentionally-structured Tres variation. 8) It is as well an ancient Trespasser tradition, with levels like TC Act 1 and The Four Towers having been like this since years ago. I view the various areas of Tres-Sorna as books with different chapters to read with each new created variation.
Fair enough, but I'm still going to bring it up unless you manage to disguise the level to the point that I don't notice.
To be fair, while TC Act 1 and The Four Towers reuse Trespasser terrains they do modify them quite a lot. On another note. I like seeing them being reused and made into something else. Making a terrain from scratch or modify one can be really time consuming. I wished there were more mods that would just be good old retail level modifications ;)
Am curious to find out when I'll next make a scary underground level where the atmosphere lesson may be applied. :pirate:
You don't have to make a new one - just continue this! I'd love to see the level expanded on...more stuff to see, a bit more detail here and there, whichever critiques you'd like to follow up on. I'm sure you could take this level and make it a 10/10 if you stuck with it! We already have a version of the level to play, but it would be exciting to see new areas teased for each upcoming version and such.[/quote]

TI, I bug him often about this, to take time with a level and fix stuff that comes up ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hehe. Next time the tunnels will be more diverse and puzzle-oriented, as when I made this one the puzzles were only loosely planned before building the hallways.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

I haven't played this level myself yet, but I watched Shadefyre's playthrough (which was released yesterday) and I was very impressed.

There is an awful lot of Aztec Sun Stones for a Maya temple though, but I suppose that goes with the theme of time travel and multiverse shenanigans. All the different Grants reminded me of Rick & Morty.

The mod isn't available currently in the main website's download section, by the way.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hahahah cool, I'll have to watch that video another time. Thanks for letting me know! Hmm Tatu, perhaps you could fix the issue mentioned here.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hahahah cool, I'll have to watch that video another time. Thanks for letting me know! Hmm Tatu, perhaps you could fix the issue mentioned here.
ShadeFyre's been playing a lot of your levels recently, Drac! I like to keep up with his videos on Tres levels. He said in one of his most recent ones that he's been having difficulty with getting ATX to work on Windows 10 and that he'd post over here on TresCom about it, as he needs ATX to play JPDS.
One of these days I really need to convert JPDS over to CE and implement the missing features...the only major issue is the trebuchet puzzle in Plains as the physics are different in CE.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hmm Tatu, perhaps you could fix the issue mentioned here.
It's on my To-Do-List, among various of this ;)
He said in one of his most recent ones that he's been having difficulty with getting ATX to work on Windows 10 and that he'd post over here on TresCom about it, as he needs ATX to play JPDS.
ATX would have the same running issues as vanilla. So any fix for vanilla to run should work in ATX. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I remember this level. After watching the video, I'm fairly certain that I've played it. And yeah, Shadefyre does showcase alot of Drac's levels. One, because he probably likes them
and two, there are so many of them! ;)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heh yes... Back a while ago, Temporal Trespass was to be my major project after JPDS, but from personal difficulty it fell through and I put together a relatively short AS1/2 mod with prehistoric foliage instead. For better or worse I ended up making a succession of small levels instead - the 2 or 3 day mods and the 1.5 week mods. Some were pretty cool, others bleh. I'm glad that now others are releasing their own mods and we're not only seeing my stuff pop out.

PS: Sucks about the trebuchet... I wonder what can be done there.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

In the end it doesn't matter if your short-schedule levels were better or worse, though, because it meant more Trespasser levels. I still played them all the way through. :wink:
PS: Sucks about the trebuchet... I wonder what can be done there.
Would have to look at it in more detail as I haven't touched my CE JPDS conversion outside of the sky, fog and rendering settings. The best bet might be to just animate the player, even though it's slightly cheap. Otherwise Anne simply dies when she gets launched.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

True enough.

Hmm, she dies eh. Well that can be worked on in the future. Those mines were a last-minute addition to ~plains and it deserves a fix if it can get one.