Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

RainBasin

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yo all, in order to dredge up the threads of Trespasser modding mechanics from a couple months' disuse, I'm putting together a tiny mod called "Rain Basin". It features a Styraco and should be quite nice to look at when it's finished. Inspired by multiple scenes of styracos drinking by the waterside.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: RainBasin

Post by tatu »

Nice :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Sounds like an interesting idea.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Neat concept! I assume this will just be a scenic level? Forgot that those lillies were in MegaJungle...I'm going to have to make some new 3D ones eventually, they're pretty outdated. We still need to make a King Kong level one day...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I already have some rough plans drawn up for a Kong level... I have the V-Rex skin around somewhere, might get to a Skull-Island raptor too. It'll feature a giant gorilla skull instead of a moving Kong. We even have the SS Venture already 8)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:I already have some rough plans drawn up for a Kong level... I have the V-Rex skin around somewhere, might get to a Skull-Island raptor too. It'll feature a giant gorilla skull instead of a moving Kong. We even have the SS Venture already 8)
I was thinking more of a 1933 Kong in black-and-white rather than the Peter Jackson one, but still cool anyhow. We do need to get Kong himself into a level though. And Godzilla.

Wait, who made a model of the Venture..? Never seen that before.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh. An actual black and white Kong level also sounds cool. We shall see...

And I meant the SS Venture from TC~Isle heh. Complete with animal carriage space.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

tatu

Post by tatu »

Cool. It can also be downloaded at TresCom ;)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote:Cool. It can also be downloaded at TresCom ;)
It can? Great, that's better.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Holy crap is this one sexy level. :wink: Great choice of assets, and those fake trees you made at the start are excellent. They remind me of the dense overgrown trees you find in the jungle. This is actually fairly close to how I imagined the lake to look in IJ HD, although I would have made it a bit swampier. That willow I mentioned including in the next MegaJungle release would have fit very nicely by the waterfall, I think. Still, nice little level! I'd like to see it further expanded, though I would prefer if you made the rest of the terrain from scratch.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks everyone! I am also quite satisfied with the results.
TI, I keep wondering what TresCom would be like if you also took occasional less-than-a-week breaks' to make small mods. We'd get to see/explore a lot more of your work if you did.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:TI, I keep wondering what TresCom would be like if you also took occasional less-than-a-week breaks' to make small mods. We'd get to see/explore a lot more of your work if you did.
As much as I wish I could crank out levels like that, it's simply not in me. A little one-week level would turn into a retail-sized puzzle-filled super-detailed total conversion. :P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I understand you know yourself there - but the simple fact that you've written it in a post means you can intentionally avert that outcome and build a level strictly based on short development time. You could just see what happens.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I see TI more like someone that, if in the mood and wanted, to be someone who could release monthly with high detailed areas. :)
However, while having a week to make a level might work for some, I think it can easily end up feeling like a chore to complete it and you rush it only to get it released. And at this moment I don't think the community have enough audience to have too many releases in short times how good they are. A good idea should never be rushed, otherwise it will end up unfinished and abandoned ;)