Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Tres 20th Anniv Cmnty Level

Post by tatu »

Jeka_Jacka wrote:Thanks machf! I'll read through the TScript Reference. Do I need to change the TScript $Name/Sound ID in BOTH the object/player/dino and the vocal it is associated with? The answer is probably yes, I just want to make sure I don't miss a small detail here or there and the level becomes broken or "Retailed" haha

So hypothetically (for Anne) I would go from (" bool ActJump = true " " int Vocal = 1 " " string SoundMaterial = "AnneJump" ") and change this to (" bool ActJump = true " " int Vocal = 1 " " string SoundMaterial = "NewJump" "), and providing that "AnneJump" and "NewJump" are in the SAME .tpa , this should work?
No. You would only need to change the vocal trigger.

They also don't need to be in the same TPA, if you are using custom ones. However, if AnneJump is in the effect.tpa, your new sound must be in your custom effects.tpa file.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Just want to say that it's good to see another new modder in our midst 8) Your enthusiasm in creating new dinosaur island realities doesn't go unnoticed!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Just want to say that it's good to see another new modder in our midst 8) Your enthusiasm in creating new dinosaur island realities doesn't go unnoticed!
It definitely is great that someone else is learning Tres. I think the best way to learn is to just go out and do it with this sort of thing, and you're progressing very well. Soon enough I hope you've learned enough to contribute to this level. :) I'm keeping your Rex idea in mind in case it doesn't work out.
Jeka_Jacka
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Location: Somewhere in the North West Coast of Tasmania, Australia

Post by Jeka_Jacka »

Hey guys, my enthusiasm is still here, however I have hit a wall with importing (haha).

I have imported the basement level and cloning instance for the Trex, RaptorA, Para, Trex100-00, RaptorA100-00, Para100-00, TrexTeleportEnterance, TrexTeleport(blue-ish/grey Trex), the trigger for the TrexTeleportEnterance, and the Anchors for TrexRaptorFight, TrexRaptorRun, and TrexParaRampage. The anchor for Para100-00 is a palm tree. I want to try and leave this out if I can. But to export/import the cloning instances (100-00), I have to select 2 models. So I selected a rock and the (100-00), one of them I selected a small fern/bush too. Whenever I import the palm tree, it says there is no meshes, and I choose to 'create at 0,0,0'. After this, TresEd is fine, I have an 'ActWander "unknown value" ', and pathfinding for Para "WARNING".

1. Do I need to export/import the palm tree for the Anchor to work, or does it not matter if there is no anchor?

2. Do I need to import Industrial Jungle meshes for the palm tree/rocks/fern? They come with some, but then there's the sub models which I think I missed 1 or 2.

3. Does a "missing texture"/" missing mesh" or "missing instance", cause the game to crash before the level finishes loading?

I know this is some straight forward stuff(if not stupid), but I'm spent from trying to import these things and copy/pasting a copy of the custom level. And I have tried a few different ways/order of importing.

Thanks for all the help! And a big thank you to Drac for his tutorial videos, it was helpful with the importing/exporting of Dino's.

Edit**
P.S. Is it best to just export/import the basement level models, clone them in the custom/new level, and copy/paste the TScript from the Retail level of the 100-00 over, or won't TresEd let me do that with the TScript?
"You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you wanna sell it."

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

You can simply edit the trigger and change the anchor to something else already present in the level...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Multiple errors going on there - do take the time to watch the TresEd tutorial videos on youtube for examples of successful importing/exporting of models, and keep an ear out for details I mention. 8)
Jeka_Jacka
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Jeka_Jacka »

SUCCESS!

Hey everyone, finally managed to get the teleport to work! The Trigger for it doesn't have a "FireCount" value/script, however it activates every time the player collides with it. You're on a hill, and if the Trex is persistent, he can get up. But you can just walk backwards a little and then forwards and re-Trigger the teleport (which is funnier than you think). Other Triggers have FireCounts but I've had too many crashes to be bothered trying to initiate it, I can just make small duplicates of the trigger if I wish (I'm assuming that could work with the right $Names and $Name changes). I also have the Trigger for the Trex-Intro-Music, however no music plays. Can anyone explain the steps for that to work? The level is basically the Tutorial Level in Drac's video, so it does have an Anne VoiceOver. The Trigger is a Rectangle, but shouldn't that be able to use the TriggerCube.tpm that I imported at the start?

Here is the level for anyone who wishes to take a gander. I'm not sure if I should just use multiple small triggers (clones) or if I should try and implement the FireCount TScript line. Any thoughts would be appriciated. Thanks again for all the help! Theres deffinantly no 'short-cuts' in editing this game haha
Attachments
TeleportTest.zip
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 389 times
"You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you wanna sell it."

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yo - am still waiting on my laptop to come in the mail. Can review in a few days.
Jeka_Jacka
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Jeka_Jacka »

No worries Drac.

I tried to clone the Trex, TrexTeleport, and the TrexTeleportTrigger, a second time. However the Triggers belong to a group, and you can't change one without changing the other... So I have two(2) Triggers for the one(1) TrexTeleport. Its annoying that I can't change the group name or anything. If anyone has any idea how to do this, please let me know.

Edit**

I tried to duplicate the TScript for the TrexTeleportTrigger. However it only works on one(1) of the Trex. Here it is;

ValueTable for instance 308 "TrigTRexXTeleport" :

group TrigTRexXTeleport = {
string Class = "CLocationTrigger"
int AlphaChannel = 0
int BoundVol = 1
bool PlayerEnterTrigger = true
int ActionType = 18
string ObjectName = "TRexX-01"
string TeleportDestObjectName = "TRexX1000Teleport-01"
int AlphaChannel = 0
int BoundVol = 1
int ActionType = 18
string ObjectName = "TRexX-02"
string TeleportDestObjectName = "TRexX1000Teleport-02"
}

Does it count as a double Trigger but Trespasser only plays the latest/newest change, or?

Note* The copy of the level I uploaded doesn't have the second(2nd) Trex or TrexTeleport so I'll include it here.

P.S. These are just tests and not meant to represent any REAL levels I may create.
Attachments
TeleportTest.v2.zip
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 393 times

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Level Editing Help

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh... Selling lunchboxes aside, Trespasser does not interpret multiple same-value-name's within a trigger script (unless they are in separate action groups). As well I am waiting on TheIdiot to take a moment to respond to the finer details of your questions -
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

For multiple actions in the same trigger, you have to create Groups for each seperate action, like this example from the T-script reference:

Code: Select all

group MultipleActionTrigger = {
  string Class = "CStartTrigger"
  int ProcessStyle = 3
  group Action00 = {
    int ActionType = 0
    string Sample = "VA01"
  }
  group Action01 = {
    int ActionType = 25
    float Delay = 4.0
  }
  group Action02 = {
    int ActionType = 34
    string OverlayText = "This trigger plays a sound, waits 4 seconds,
                          then displays this text."
  }
}
Your trigger would therefore look like this:

Code: Select all

group TrigTRexXTeleport = {
 int AlphaChannel = 0
 int BoundVol = 1
  group Action00 = {
   int ActionType = 18
   string ObjectName = "TRexX-01"
   string TeleportDestObjectName = "TRexX1000Teleport-01"
  }
  group Action01 = {
   int ActionType = 18
   string ObjectName = "TRexX-02"
   string TeleportDestObjectName = "TRexX1000Teleport-02"
  }
}
This trigger would teleport TRexX-01 and TRexX-02 to the designated TeleportDestObjects simultaneously when the player enters its bounding volume. You can make them occur in different orders by changing the ProcessStyle - by default, it is 3, which will fire the actions one-by-one in order when the trigger is fired.

However, this would not work correctly if you are trying to have them teleport at different times as the trigger will process each of these actions in order without a delay - you'd have to use Delay actions, or more likely invisible text messages as the game doesn't seem to process Delay actions properly. You only need to state the trigger Class and type (PlayerEnterTrigger, PlayerInTrigger) once per trigger.

Note that there is a limit to how many actions you can have per trigger as well - I think it's something like 10 or 12. In any case, if your trigger goes over this amount, you'll have to split the action sequence between multiple triggers, which can be somewhat complicated.
Jeka_Jacka
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Jeka_Jacka »

Thanks TheIdiot! This is very helpful. I tested it and its great :D and the 10 to 12 actions per trigger is also good, because I was just wonder what the limit would be. Thanks again for the reply, its most appreciated

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

As a note... Last I checked, the limit per trigger was 10 (00 to 09). Haven't tested in years tho.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:As a note... Last I checked, the limit per trigger was 10 (00 to 09). Haven't tested in years tho.
That sounds about right. I do swear I once managed to have a trigger with like 15 actions, but that was years ago...just to keep it safe, Jecka_Jacka, I'd try and keep it below 10.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Duh. I kinda think machf corrected me and it is 00 to 15? I can check later if I remember to. Pretty sure machf was right. No he was, it's 16 total actions.