Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Jeka_Jacka
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Location: Somewhere in the North West Coast of Tasmania, Australia

Re: Level Editing Help

Post by Jeka_Jacka »

Thanks guys! I'm already trying to play it safe with the limits of my laptop haha nice to know the engine can handle 16 though.

I played around with the keypads and keycards to get them to teleport the trexes and that works well too (its mildly funny).

I also tried to get the computer display screens from the lab level to work. They seem to play a sequence of .bmps , and I can't seem to find them. There's .bmps for the coloured parts of the start-up for the computer, and they are solid spheres under the Cray computer building, but I can't find the other .bmps, the first .bmp is something like PCrayDisplay00000000, then the rest are like PCrayDisplay00000001 and PCrayDisplay00000128 . I used Geom Ext to get the terrain objects list, but only got the first .bmp

Anyone know where they are or how to obtain/extract them?

Thanks again for the help :) its most appreciated!
"You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you wanna sell it."

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I don't recommend using Geom Ext to get assets from the game, rather just export everything from a level. You can use the "Select All" function for that and then export to TPM.

As of any animation object. Best way is to search for ".bmp" objects in the level. For the one you want, it should be "Pcraydisplay0000000.bmp-00" and possibly "Scompbboot00t2.bmp-00". :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

What Tatu said. Turn on all obj types other than TrnObj, then select all, and export. Find the needed BMPs and manually put them onto an object and import. :pirate:
Jeka_Jacka
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Location: Somewhere in the North West Coast of Tasmania, Australia

Post by Jeka_Jacka »

Thank you!

I exported the selection like you said and got the .bmps , however if I import the selection to a custom map, I get lots of black textures. I can change them and import them to a custom lab level, but I want to find out where they are stored.

In the " PCraydisplayscreen00-00.tpm " , it doesn't contain the .bmps , but it does have meshes, ei; " PCraydisplay00-00.bmp.mat01 " " colormap = Maps\lab\PCraydisplay0000002.bmp "

So it loads in a sequence of meshes like a chameleon (or carno ;) ) I also have the bootcraycolor.bmp's but they only have all their .bmps for the coded loading bars.

How can I import/edit the .pid to add my own .bmps of the same specification and change the names in the TScript?
"You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you wanna sell it."