Jurassic World Evolution models?

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Jurassic World Evolution models?

Post by glitchhunter09 »

A rather odd question to ask, but with the release of Jurassic World Evolution, you think it's possible we'll be able to rig them for Trespasser? I know polygon count is an issue of course, but I think CE fixes this, doesn't it? So at the very least, we should be able to theoretically port models to run in CE. It's just a thought. Not sure if Lee just changed the amount of onscreen polygons, or removed the limit altogether.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Jurassic World Evolution models?

Post by TheIdiot »

glitchhunter09 wrote:A rather odd question to ask, but with the release of Jurassic World Evolution, you think it's possible we'll be able to rig them for Trespasser? I know polygon count is an issue of course, but I think CE fixes this, doesn't it? So at the very least, we should be able to theoretically port models to run in CE. It's just a thought. Not sure if Lee just changed the amount of onscreen polygons, or removed the limit altogether.
CE doesn't completely fix the polygon issue. You can read my findings in the CE thread - in short, yes, you can use higher-poly models, but even those have a limit, and it seems using too many of them will make your level unstable. I also know that you can't rig more than a specific number of vertices to a bone in Tres (not sure what that number is - machf?). Just looking at those models, I can already tell that there's no way they will work in Tres. Even the smallest dino likely goes way, way over the poly limit.

I should also note that I still have the model files from that game (as well as sounds and anything else which looked interesting), but they're in a thusfar unreadable format, so we'd have to extract or convert them before doing anything. :cry:
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Pretty much what TI said. The T. Rex from JPOG is pretty much the highest quality model you can get from Trespasser because of the rigging system. Unless there are very low LOD versions of the JWE models, I don't think it will be possible.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Quite...
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Well dragonlord was thinking about making the Jurassic Park Dinosaur battles models riggable. I figured as much though, just wanted to make sure.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Well dragonlord was thinking about making the Jurassic Park Dinosaur battles models riggable. I figured as much though, just wanted to make sure.
He never released them, and it's been a while since anyone posted on that thread, sadly. But the Dinosaur Battles models were much lower-poly than the JW:E models, so they probably would have worked in the Tres engine.