Image animated? Lab level.

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

xelono
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Image animated? Lab level.

Post by xelono »

Hello everyone, how can I extract the moving images from the computer screens in the lab mission.

Is it an image.gif (animated)? or is it just a pack of images executed by a script that only appears to be a video?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Image animated? Lab level.

Post by tatu »

Trespasser uses a pack of images executed by a script to show animated images.

As for these, search for "Scompbboot00t2.bmp-00" and "Pcraydisplay0000000.bmp-00" to find the objects containing these :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
xelono
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by xelono »

tatu wrote:Trespasser uses a pack of images executed by a script to show animated images.

As for these, search for "Scompbboot00t2.bmp-00" and "Pcraydisplay0000000.bmp-00" to find the objects containing these :)
Hi, and how can I find these files? With TresEd I exported the object in .tpm (the lab screen) but there is only one black image (it must be the first frame). GuiApp will not be used.

Is there a tool that can directly extract the textures from the Lab level? or is there some way to extract these special objects with TresEd ??
Last edited by xelono on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tatu

Post by tatu »

The ones I listed are objects themselves, not textures. Exporting these will also export the textures for the screens.

You can use GUIApp that comes with the CE tools, go to "Game" and then "Export Textures from SCN..." and select the LAB level. That will export all textures into a folder in the GUIApp folder.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
xelono
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by xelono »

tatu wrote:The ones I listed are objects themselves, not textures. Exporting these will also export the textures for the screens.

You can use GUIApp that comes with the CE tools, go to "Game" and then "Export Textures from SCN..." and select the LAB level. That will export all textures into a folder in the GUIApp folder.
I found the form, with swp_viewer I can export the textures of that animation. It was easier.

Greetings and thanks.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well hey, nice to see you - we caught wind of your GTA mod the other month, sweet stuff! Me, TI & others enjoyed seein' our creations put together and all
xelono
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by xelono »

Draconisaurus wrote:Well hey, nice to see you - we caught wind of your GTA mod the other month, sweet stuff! Me, TI & others enjoyed seein' our creations put together and all
Thank you very much @Draco, I have spoken a couple of words with @The_idiot about the mod and once completed, they will have their corresponding credits. :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Schweet. Don't forget to record some ingame stuff -