Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

MayanCity Series

Post by Draconisaurus »

So many years ago, during early development of the Stargate tres level series by myself and Slugger (+others), I whipped up a medium-area-sized Mayan level with a fairly robust layout of Mayan ruins from Trespasser, though incomplete in foliage coverage and other aspects. It remains one of my favorite levels.
http://www.trescom.org/download/downloa ... elease.zip
In the time since then I have occasionally went out to make new random Mayan levels, using "MayanCity" and placing a random number after. Some of those are now lost to time. Now, this past week I saw Solo: A Star Wars Story and thought it was amazing. Felt so inspired that I watched Rogue One again and set out to build a relatively fast project Star Wars mod using machf's legendary "Dagobah" X-Wing and playing area meant to be set on the Yavin 4 moon from Episode 4. As a kid I was read a story which detailed the unusual, dark, and fascinating relics left behind by the Sith-descendents of that moon who had built the temples (the actual stone temple of Tikal is featured in the original Star Wars movie), including ancient primitive droid technology. Soooo I'm plugging all of this into "MayanCity11". 8) Stay tuned !
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Click on Image
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: MayanCity Series

Post by TheIdiot »

Very cool, and I'm SO excited to see another Star Wars-themed level in the making. I've already checked out Mayan City - it has some cool stuff, but really isn't anywhere near complete enough to be very playable.
As a kid I was read a story which detailed the unusual, dark, and fascinating relics left behind by the Sith-descendents of that moon who had built the temples (the actual stone temple of Tikal is featured in the original Star Wars movie), including ancient primitive droid technology.
Yeah, that sounds about right for the Yavin temples. Although I don't think I ever read of the temples being home to Sith...I seem to recall them being formerly used by an alien race known as the Massassi long before the Alliance moved in. The Great Temple is the one which the Rebel base is located inside of.

By the way...this map is a great excuse to use the CE skybox for some real neat stuff, such as the other moons of Yavin as well as the gas giant Yavin itself being visible in the sky (look at the image you posted below - Yavin dominates the sky), or even the Death Star...

Ah - and I happen to have made a simple E-11 blaster rifle a long while back as a test project. I was able to get it to unreliably fire visible blaster bolts, as well. Wonder if we'll ever see that CAnimal AT-ST I remember hearing talk of a long time ago.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Duhh TI that sky stuff sounds aaamazing. And yeah that blaster would be quite helpful *_*
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Duhh TI that sky stuff sounds aaamazing. And yeah that blaster would be quite helpful *_*
I'll whip all that stuff up for you tomorrow if I can find some time. :)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Wondering if I ever got that lightsaber or not...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Don't remember one being released anywhere
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

No, I mean if I found a 3ds model freely available online or not...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:No, I mean if I found a 3ds model freely available online or not...
It should be really easy to make one ourselves, since they're pretty simple-looking. Mostly just a fancy handle with a long rod sticking out the top.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

That description sounds like the "laser swords" (what lightsabers were called around here) either Coca-Cola or Pepsi had a promo for, which could be obtained for like 5 bottle caps + $5 or so... they were nothing but a flashlight with a white semi-transparent rod attached, and a colored cellophane piece placed between both... back in 1980, I think , at the timeof the release of The Empire Strikes Back .

Of course, my dad confiscated the sword in order to discard the rod and use the flashlight...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

That description sounds like the "laser swords" (what lightsabers were called around here) either Coca-Cola or Pepsi had a promo for, which could be obtained for like 5 bottle caps + $5 or so... they were nothing but a flashlight with a white semi-transparent rod attached, and a colored cellophane piece placed between both... back in 1980, I think , at the timeof the release of The Empire Strikes Back .
That doesn't sound far off from the dummy swords they used as reference for the animators while filming the movie.
Click on Image
Of course, my dad confiscated the sword in order to discard the rod and use the flashlight...
Typical dad. :lol:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hah. Laser swords.. Well idk if that should quite be in the level.
Spoiler: show
The main character is a BioSyn agent (again) who is using an ITC quantum phone, so..
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Hah. Laser swords.. Well idk if that should quite be in the level.
Well...if you're already going to Yavin IV and including X-Wings and blasters, I don't see how a lightsaber would be much of a stretch from there...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Make sure to place Yavin up in the sky, too.

I may have some other useful assets lying around...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm, this was a fun level. Don't have the screenshot available at the moment, but I can now report that, sadly, the level was lost when I lost a certain laptop a few years back. :( Sucks, it was looking great. I would like to do a different Star Wars level sometime.

IIIIIIIn the meantime, here is a DIFFERENT MayanCity level, this one being called MayanCity46. I started it maybe a couple years ago, and abandoned it... Today I've taken a few hours to make it presentable and am now presenting you all with this final, unfinished version. The basic premise is that InGen is for whatever reason doing an archaeological investigation on an unknown ruin location, dreamt it up randomly one day and couldn't resist putting something together... Have fun, let me know what you think.

https://app.box.com/s/f1p49b64kaau79twkzbl8xadug2uronc
MayanCity46_01.jpg
MayanCity46_01.jpg (338.09 KiB) Viewed 6578 times
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Hey now, that's a NICE looking beach! Might have to take some clues from that one myself, I always suck at beaches. Gonna go check this one out now.
I would like to do a different Star Wars level sometime.
Let me know if you get on that, I might be able to help out. I know I've got an E-11 stormtrooper rifle model in one of my test levels somewhere... :wink: