TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:45 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: MayanCity Series
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:54 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

So many years ago, during early development of the Stargate tres level series by myself and Slugger (+others), I whipped up a medium-area-sized Mayan level with a fairly robust layout of Mayan ruins from Trespasser, though incomplete in foliage coverage and other aspects. It remains one of my favorite levels.
http://www.trescom.org/download/downloa ... elease.zip
In the time since then I have occasionally went out to make new random Mayan levels, using "MayanCity" and placing a random number after. Some of those are now lost to time. Now, this past week I saw Solo: A Star Wars Story and thought it was amazing. Felt so inspired that I watched Rogue One again and set out to build a relatively fast project Star Wars mod using machf's legendary "Dagobah" X-Wing and playing area meant to be set on the Yavin 4 moon from Episode 4. As a kid I was read a story which detailed the unusual, dark, and fascinating relics left behind by the Sith-descendents of that moon who had built the temples (the actual stone temple of Tikal is featured in the original Star Wars movie), including ancient primitive droid technology. Soooo I'm plugging all of this into "MayanCity11". 8) Stay tuned !

Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)

Click on Image

Image Image T-Script Reference / Trespasser Twilight / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box

Post subject: Re: MayanCity Series
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:46 am 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Very cool, and I'm SO excited to see another Star Wars-themed level in the making. I've already checked out Mayan City - it has some cool stuff, but really isn't anywhere near complete enough to be very playable.

Quote:
As a kid I was read a story which detailed the unusual, dark, and fascinating relics left behind by the Sith-descendents of that moon who had built the temples (the actual stone temple of Tikal is featured in the original Star Wars movie), including ancient primitive droid technology.

Yeah, that sounds about right for the Yavin temples. Although I don't think I ever read of the temples being home to Sith...I seem to recall them being formerly used by an alien race known as the Massassi long before the Alliance moved in. The Great Temple is the one which the Rebel base is located inside of.

By the way...this map is a great excuse to use the CE skybox for some real neat stuff, such as the other moons of Yavin as well as the gas giant Yavin itself being visible in the sky (look at the image you posted below - Yavin dominates the sky), or even the Death Star...

Ah - and I happen to have made a simple E-11 blaster rifle a long while back as a test project. I was able to get it to unreliably fire visible blaster bolts, as well. Wonder if we'll ever see that CAnimal AT-ST I remember hearing talk of a long time ago.

My currently active projects:
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:53 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Duhh TI that sky stuff sounds aaamazing. And yeah that blaster would be quite helpful *_*

Image Image T-Script Reference / Trespasser Twilight / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:32 am 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Draconisaurus wrote:
Duhh TI that sky stuff sounds aaamazing. And yeah that blaster would be quite helpful *_*

I'll whip all that stuff up for you tomorrow if I can find some time. :)

Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:02 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Wondering if I ever got that lightsaber or not...

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:12 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Don't remember one being released anywhere

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:06 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

No, I mean if I found a 3ds model freely available online or not...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:32 am 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

machf wrote:
No, I mean if I found a 3ds model freely available online or not...

It should be really easy to make one ourselves, since they're pretty simple-looking. Mostly just a fancy handle with a long rod sticking out the top.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:03 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

That description sounds like the "laser swords" (what lightsabers were called around here) either Coca-Cola or Pepsi had a promo for, which could be obtained for like 5 bottle caps + $5 or so... they were nothing but a flashlight with a white semi-transparent rod attached, and a colored cellophane piece placed between both... back in 1980, I think , at the timeof the release of The Empire Strikes Back .

Of course, my dad confiscated the sword in order to discard the rod and use the flashlight...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:19 am 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Quote:
That description sounds like the "laser swords" (what lightsabers were called around here) either Coca-Cola or Pepsi had a promo for, which could be obtained for like 5 bottle caps + $5 or so... they were nothing but a flashlight with a white semi-transparent rod attached, and a colored cellophane piece placed between both... back in 1980, I think , at the timeof the release of The Empire Strikes Back .

That doesn't sound far off from the dummy swords they used as reference for the animators while filming the movie.

Click on Image

Quote:
Of course, my dad confiscated the sword in order to discard the rod and use the flashlight...

Typical dad. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:32 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Hah. Laser swords.. Well idk if that should quite be in the level.

Spoiler: show
The main character is a BioSyn agent (again) who is using an ITC quantum phone, so..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:44 pm 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Quote:
Hah. Laser swords.. Well idk if that should quite be in the level.

Well...if you're already going to Yavin IV and including X-Wings and blasters, I don't see how a lightsaber would be much of a stretch from there...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:14 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Make sure to place Yavin up in the sky, too.

I may have some other useful assets lying around...