Re: Tres 20th Anniv Cmnty Level

Post by Draconisaurus »

Don't see why not.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Sounds good. For the ptero - would anyone mind horribly if I used the JPDS TLW-style Pteranodon? I feel it suits this mod better as TLW film is closer to classic Tres, so.
That was what I was thinking as well. Go for it.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Gonna work on this now -

PS: Who put the clipboard there?! Lol no one will find that, am gonna move it.

EDIT: Done. Got the mountain top area jump-started for you guys.

https://app.box.com/s/wh2u2uznt96xqxbph4v7xij9b1d4si3s
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Okay slowpokes I'm takin' a stab at this. Gonna figure out what's needed for finalization and hack away. TI I am gonna defer to you to hopefully deck out the interior of the mansion. Whose are we saying it is?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Okay slowpokes I'm takin' a stab at this. Gonna figure out what's needed for finalization and hack away. TI I am gonna defer to you to hopefully deck out the interior of the mansion. Whose are we saying it is?
I don't just want to do Hammond's mansion again, that's been done to death...what about making it the TresCom mansion? I'll make some custom assets for the interior with our (the level's creators) avatars, and maybe do a "History of Trespassing" room with all of the major events since the game's release. I'll need someone to compile a list of events for me though as I'm not 100% familiar with TresCom pre-2008ish. Just leave the mansion area for now and I'll finish it off - if there are any objects or items that you're including in it that are essential to gameplay, let me know so I can place them appropriately inside.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Okay slowpokes I'm takin' a stab at this. Gonna figure out what's needed for finalization and hack away. TI I am gonna defer to you to hopefully deck out the interior of the mansion. Whose are we saying it is?
I don't just want to do Hammond's mansion again, that's been done to death...what about making it the TresCom mansion? I'll make some custom assets for the interior with our (the level's creators) avatars, and maybe do a "History of Trespassing" room with all of the major events since the game's release. I'll need someone to compile a list of events for me though as I'm not 100% familiar with TresCom pre-2008ish. Just leave the mansion area for now and I'll finish it off - if there are any objects or items that you're including in it that are essential to gameplay, let me know so I can place them appropriately inside.
LEAVE IT?! You have less than a week left until the 28th :batman:
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lol Tatu.

Well I've plowed through and filled the Ops Center with some stuff. This is all I'm doing for now -

https://app.box.com/s/euloh8ylowqwth8161ccuo1efz95kwej
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
tatu

Post by tatu »

Well the 28th is not that correct either. I would say you have until the 27th cause otherwise there might not be a download link in the main site's news post if it gets shared that same day :|

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Where the heck did that Ops Center come from? :o I like it, though. What areas are left to finish? I might be able to find some time to finish the rest of the map if nobody else can do it by the 26th.
tatu wrote:Well the 28th is not that correct either. I would say you have until the 27th cause otherwise there might not be a download link in the main site's news post if it gets shared that same day :|
Gah! Sounds like we might end up rushing this one out...never a good thing, but this IS the Anniversary Level, which therefore should come out on the Anniversary. :|
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot, for the old TresCom town there was usually talk about adding some kind of graveyard or pile of "bodies" as a reference to all the bots we have kicked during the years. You should add that somewhere ;)

Well here is my thought: Finish what you can for the anniversary. One issue you guys have is I think the level expanded before an area was finished off and some periods of time when no one worked on the level. Release what is done by this weekend and then the project could be converted (and "finished") later on and be a community project overall :)

TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zmmndd8oz ... y.rar/file

I've created an actual ending for this level. This is the best I can do to actually help with the release of this level before the anniversary date.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

:O Excellent work. Honestly the level might as well be done now. Going to check a few things first but otherwise I think we're good for the 20th anniv release. Also I feel more comfortable with the level's final edit being done by someone other than myself, as part of the whole purpose of this mod was to get new modders involved. 8)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I've looked it over quickly and I approve of this as the ending (for now, at least). Nice save, TresGuy. :wink: Last list of things which NEED to be done for release:

- Finish Drac's rear path at the back of the geo plant.
- Plop down some quick copy+paste trees and terrain textures on the empty hill areas.
- Add in SOMETHING useful in the mansion (gun, keycard...can with a string? Maybe put Rebel's easter egg in there?)
- Place guns and dinosaurs appropriately (keep pacing in mind - NO RAPTORS EVERY 30 SECONDS!!!)
- Maybe add in a second exit to the geo plant canal stream closer to the waterfall?
- Temporary billboards to hide the unfinished half of the level for now.

That should be enough for the release. If nobody can finish all this by tomorrow, I'll try and get all this done.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Honestly TI I think the level works as it is now - we don't want to rush stuff. These details can be fleshed out after the anniversary with more attention to detail. :nerd: Oh and Tatu be sure to get the 'final' version from me, will make a new archive file with all the sky files.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I am gonna go with the last released for the anniversary from TrespasserGuy. For Europe it is the 28th already and I don't want to delay the news post as I don't think it should be posted late in the day. If you guys are going to any more edits you need to do it ASAP, within less than 6 hours from this post.
Draconisaurus wrote:Honestly TI I think the level works as it is now - we don't want to rush stuff. These details can be fleshed out after the anniversary with more attention to detail. :nerd: Oh and Tatu be sure to get the 'final' version from me, will make a new archive file with all the sky files.
The latest download already contain the sky files, unless there are images for it as well.