Crate Strafe

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Crate Strafe

Post by TheIdiot »

Well, this is a pretty fun little minigame! I like the description at the start of the level, "To keep from drowning in Trespasser physics." :lol: Wasn't at all what I expected, but in a good way. Thought I did pretty good myself, I only died because I got unlucky and was trapped between the crate I was pushing and a particularily fast plummeting crate. I can definitely see myself revisiting this later! :) Always love to see new little things like this done with Trespasser.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Dragonlord wrote:If there is something that trespasser modding taught me then its this: make backups every quarter hour :lol:
Unfortunately, the last backup I had made was right before I built the maze... now I've been backing up after every save as I used to.

And now I *again* have to add that last trigger... keep your finger crossed.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Glad ya liked it TI.

machf, note from myself.. Lately (at least on previous laptop) had an issue with TresEd crashing on value-updating. Besides more frequent saving, I found the solution was to change less of the script per value update at a time.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I kept doing that, saving after updating, then closin the level, then reloading it... but then it happened AFTER I edited the last trgger, while I was saving.

Guess what I've just found out? Strings in t-scripts (the part between quotes) can't be more than 128 characters long (or maybe it's 127, I don't know for sure). I had 6 triggers whose names were 21 characters long, I was making a FireExpression of the form "@Trigger01-00 & @Trigger02-00 ...", it worked fine when I had only 5 triggers in it, but as soon as I added the 6th one, TresEd crashed. GeomAdd would crash, too, as soon as I attempted to import a TPM file with that long string in its values.txt file. I had to rename each of the 6 triggers to shorten their names, so that the FireExpression wouldn't be too long.

Now I'm going to test if the triggers are working fine. If they do, I'll upload this version...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files