TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Crate Strafe
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:53 pm 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Well, this is a pretty fun little minigame! I like the description at the start of the level, "To keep from drowning in Trespasser physics." :lol: Wasn't at all what I expected, but in a good way. Thought I did pretty good myself, I only died because I got unlucky and was trapped between the crate I was pushing and a particularily fast plummeting crate. I can definitely see myself revisiting this later! :) Always love to see new little things like this done with Trespasser.

My currently active projects:
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:11 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Dragonlord wrote:
If there is something that trespasser modding taught me then its this: make backups every quarter hour :lol:

Unfortunately, the last backup I had made was right before I built the maze... now I've been backing up after every save as I used to.

And now I *again* have to add that last trigger... keep your finger crossed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:46 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Glad ya liked it TI.

machf, note from myself.. Lately (at least on previous laptop) had an issue with TresEd crashing on value-updating. Besides more frequent saving, I found the solution was to change less of the script per value update at a time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:06 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

I kept doing that, saving after updating, then closin the level, then reloading it... but then it happened AFTER I edited the last trgger, while I was saving.

Guess what I've just found out? Strings in t-scripts (the part between quotes) can't be more than 128 characters long (or maybe it's 127, I don't know for sure). I had 6 triggers whose names were 21 characters long, I was making a FireExpression of the form "@Trigger01-00 & @Trigger02-00 ...", it worked fine when I had only 5 triggers in it, but as soon as I added the 6th one, TresEd crashed. GeomAdd would crash, too, as soon as I attempted to import a TPM file with that long string in its values.txt file. I had to rename each of the 6 triggers to shorten their names, so that the FireExpression wouldn't be too long.

Now I'm going to test if the triggers are working fine. If they do, I'll upload this version...