Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Jackmills
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

My level crashes

Post by Jackmills »

Okay, here it goes.
I'm editing machf's PVbeta level that's on TresCom's levels, I imported foilage objects (was exported as a group except for rocks) my Raptor (re-colored) I then grouped the foliage together, cloned them all over the place. Then I took a terrain texture and did the same. Then placed the guns and Raptors in. Next, I open TresCE and trying to load the level, only 25% into loading it crashed. I'm confused.

Here is the download, maybe someone is seeing something I can't: http://www.mediafire.com/file/87mjeoyha ... a.zip/file
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: My level crashes

Post by Rebel »

I'll look at it for you (not sure when), but you shouldn't do all of that all at once, since when you
change and/or add a mess of objects and/or textures, you complicate just how to pin down the
problem. Do one major change at time, verifying level integrity, and as machf always states,
keep backups, always, each and every time before you do major editing.

@Edit: Run geomAdd's verify level. You are missing some $models for some plants and rocks,
etc. The level will not load without fixing those problems. Either add the $models you are mis-
sing, or remove the $model values from the t-script temporarily until you create the $models
and import them.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: My level crashes

Post by tatu »

Rebel already mention what the issue is.

Using GeomAdd's verify option is usually a very good help in locating issues :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."