Extinct Plant Life for Trespasser?

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

PsychologicalDevice
Triceratops
Triceratops

Extinct Plant Life for Trespasser?

Post by PsychologicalDevice »

I was wondering, there's been a lot of flora created for levels that are for modern flora; but both the movie and the novels say extinct, basically invasive, plant life was also recreated along with the Dinosaurs for the park in Nublar. I was wondering, given how abandoned Sorna is, what would the ratio between modern and prehistoric plant look like. But more importantly, has anyone tried making some of these Mesozoic plants for Trespasser levels.

There's not much material to work with, but there's enough to keep things interesting in a level.

Archaeamphora longicervia, is an extinct flowering plant from Asia, dated from around 145 to 101 million years ago, making it in the same time and range as the "Velociraptors (Deinonychus)" from Jurassic Park canon.

Williamsonia was a kind of plant from a group that resembled cycads, that was found globally, and lasted from the Triassic to the Cretaceous.

Those are two examples, I'm just wondering why we haven't tried working on more. I know it would be difficult, to reconstruct what ancient flora might have looked like in Trespasser. But I think it would be a neat idea.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Extinct Plant Life for Trespasser?

Post by machf »

Well, I guess people around here aren't too adept at modeling plants... with some exceptions, of course.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Extinct Plant Life for Trespasser?

Post by Draconisaurus »

Uh. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11031#p119986 :) Sadly the image is missing... 'Nyways - prehistoric plants to your heart's content. Let me know what you think.