Fall Lodge - Autumn 2017 Level (released pg. 3)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Fall Lodge - Autumn 2017 Level (released pg. 3)

Post by tatu »

I have finally put time into a fan level!

I find it to be an overall fun little level/minigame. However, I did experience some issues with it. NOTE: My personal thoughts and experience only!

Firstly, Anne hold then guns pretty awkward, which is due to the use of one of the early version. Some tweaking with the magnets would have made it better.

For some reason, the dinosaurs acted a bit weird. The raptors (and some other) kept on bumping up and down the whole time. I guess it was meant for them to be jumping, but it just felt weird.
The Triceratops was a bit buggy, the small one close to stone gate was crawling weirdly.

As mention before, I did notice ingame some foliage was not fixed ;) Mainly logs was noticeable.

I found a huge pumpkin that I shot and it feel into pieces, but the big pumpkin was still present and did not disappear properly.

As mention before, the 2D trees didn't feel like great in a level. They just felt overall awkward. It was also pretty easy to spot the lack of overall foliage.

I did however manage to enter the Plantation House through jumping ontop of the roof of the Kitchen area, and then onto the second floor. Sadly I then died to the dinosaur smashing down the wall.

My score:

Then again. Overall: A pretty fun little minigame level that allows you to get a bit lost even if you know your way around the PH terrain :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks for the review, Tatu! Since the level has been out a bit, I will spoil...
Spoiler: show
Figured out that the original plan for the PH entry puzzle is to shoot down the 3-beam combo object on the roof of the main house above the door. With the right density values it can be moved by hand and propped against the hallway, allowing access to the main house. What part of the kitchen did you ascend?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:
Spoiler: show
Figured out that the original plan for the PH entry puzzle is to shoot down the 3-beam combo object on the roof of the main house above the door. With the right density values it can be moved by hand and propped against the hallway, allowing access to the main house. What part of the kitchen did you ascend?
I took the table that was against one of the broken wall parts and jumped onto that :P

EDIT: Scratch my bug report on the pumpkin. Apparently I was playing (for some odd reason) a version from the day before the release. :P

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Firstly, Anne hold then guns pretty awkward, which is due to the use of one of the early version. Some tweaking with the magnets would have made it better.
That's something else I couldn't help but notice - forgot to mention it. The old models need custom setups for the guns.
The Triceratops was a bit buggy, the small one close to stone gate was crawling weirdly.
I think that might just be the protoceratops model which Draco used in this level, it's not really the greatest in terms of rigging and textures. :(

Ah - and I had a tiny issue with the PH puzzle, in that I couldn't get the hanging piece of wood to fall down for me to move. It dropped onto the 2nd floor and remained there. Tatu - make note of that, we might have to do an ASA animation for the full island project to make this work.
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:Ah - and I had a tiny issue with the PH puzzle, in that I couldn't get the hanging piece of wood to fall down for me to move. It dropped onto the 2nd floor and remained there. Tatu - make note of that, we might have to do an ASA animation for the full island project to make this work.
Roger, or just use another way to get in, aka the way I did ;)

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Interesting error with the PH entry. I might suggest other methods, such as teleporting a temporary "baker" object in the right spot, so that it can't get stuck upstairs. As well, or instead, a timed teleport trigger could teleport the beam section into a position on the ground after X amount of time if it hasn't collided with "Terrain - Grass" (or whatever the terrain there is) yet.