JPOG model conversions

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Re: JPOG model conversions

Post by gamernoob »

tried to import this to my level now my level cannot be open on the editor and there are no collision on them
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Forgot about this release... Can you be more specific? TI, do you know what would cause a crash here?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

gamernoob wrote:tried to import this to my level now my level cannot be open on the editor and there are no collision on them
If you can't open your level after importing something it means the files are corrupted during an import, usually to do with using the mass import function in GeomAdd or some issue with the import itself. Sadly the only way is to restore from a backup (if you made any) (PS: Always do lots of backups!!!).

As stated in the first post TheIdiot say there is no collision made for these objects or do they have any script, as they are just ports from JPOG. So you would need to do those yourself (either by making new physics or use other found in other levels). :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I'm not sure what could have caused these models to corrupt your level as I've never tried using them myself outside of the level I originally made to test them in. They shouldn't have created any problems as they don't have scripts or physics, which tend to be the main causes of corruption in a level. :?
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

i just figured it out when using geom add to import a file called jpogstuff.tpm on to my level when i reload it it says level grf not found and there is emptyness when i load and also i need a level name that uses this assets because i import this model from other level it works
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sounds like you may be getting a little lost in basic Tres modding details. I suggest starting small and learning all the details each step of the way as you learn the ropes.
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:I found the JPOG level Draco is asking about, the level files are named as "WtJP.scn" and such. I don't know what the actual name of this level is, but I have it on my PC, albeit with all of the JPOG stuff I converted imported into it.
I'm just gonna bump this old topic by saying that "WtJP" actual name is "Welcome, To Jurassic Park": https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4744

Found it while renaming my Trespasser files to be able to better identify them and who crated them, along with more clean names. :P
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I was going to say it obviously meant "Welcome to Jurassic Park" just by looking at the letters (W,t,J,P) in the quoted text, but since you already confirmed it, it won't be necessary...
I mean, if "RTJP" means "Return To Jurassic Park", it's fairly easy to figure it out...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files