JPOG model conversions

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

JPOG model conversions

Post by TheIdiot »

A while back, someone requested JPOG models converted for Trespasser. Well, I got quite a number of them done, but never really released them as the project sort of faded away over time. I dug them up recently for another project, and ultimately decided that's it's probably for the best to release all of these to the community to use for your own purposes. Note that this is not ALL of the JPOG models, but contains a lot of them. There is plenty of misc stuff that will likely be of use one way or another. None of these have physics at the moment, but feel free to make your own physics and T-scripts for these models. There is also a lack of opacity mapping, so you'll have to edit those in yourself as well if you plan on using any of the plants.

Here is what is contained:
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Ze download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8f421ot41 ... +stuff.zip

Will also upload this to my "TheIdiot Releases stuff" thread for quick access. Enjoy!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: JPOG model conversions

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nice. 8) Btw... Slash_Master once created a JPOG-model-filled level, which as I recall got released on the forum eventually. Does.. anyone know where it is? *coughtatucough* And it ought to be put in the downloads section.

PS: Where is the ehm, missiley-thing we were discussing?.. >.>
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Nice. 8) Btw... Slash_Master once created a JPOG-model-filled level, which as I recall got released on the forum eventually. Does.. anyone know where it is? *coughtatucough* And it ought to be put in the downloads section.
If you go back a page or so, I think you can find it under the mod I created this for's thread. You'll know it when you see the name.
PS: Where is the ehm, missiley-thing we were discussing?.. >.>
Guess I never ported that. It might actually look better if you just reskin the carnivore/herbivore feeders to your needs - in fact I recommend that instead. :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ehm.. which ones are those?.. Small models from JPOG, Honey.
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

If there's anyone looking at finishing the PH level they're definitely going like those cages :yes:. Nice work TheIdiot.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Certainly could have used them in JPDS~trails...
PsychologicalDevice
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by PsychologicalDevice »

I've always got serious Jurassic World vibes whenever I think of JPOG now. Like the writers.....got some inspiration from somewhere...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

MinePass wrote:If there's anyone looking at finishing the PH level they're definitely going like those cages :yes:. Nice work TheIdiot.
They're pretty decent, yeah, but the low-res textures would look awful. You'd be better off making new models. Or increasing the resolution of the JPOG ones to something like 1024x1024.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I converted lots of models from JPOG a long time ago, still have them lying around, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate to upload them... used them for test purposes mostly. (that's why so many of my test levels haven't been released)
Spoiler: show
JPOGgateImage1.jpg
JPOGgateImage1.jpg (134.77 KiB) Viewed 23563 times
Draconisaurus wrote:Nice. 8) Btw... Slash_Master once created a JPOG-model-filled level, which as I recall got released on the forum eventually. Does.. anyone know where it is? *coughtatucough* And it ought to be put in the downloads section.
Do you remember what it was called?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I converted lots of models from JPOG a long time ago, still have them lying around, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate to upload them... used them for test purposes mostly. (that's why so many of my test levels haven't been released)
You could release just the models, I guess, without scripting.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:Do you remember what it was called?
Sadly no... But uh, if the archive retains the original creation date, it would be somewhere from 2005 to 2010/11.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I found the JPOG level Draco is asking about, the level files are named as "WtJP.scn" and such. I don't know what the actual name of this level is, but I have it on my PC, albeit with all of the JPOG stuff I converted imported into it.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well jeez, don't worry about even more JPOG being in it... But yes, that's it.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Found a download link on a post tatu made a little over a year ago:

viewtopic.php?p=117803#p117803
TheIdiot wrote:
You could release just the models, I guess, without scripting.
I mean if there would be any legal trouble using models extracted from another game...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

That's the one... Thanks!