TLW Mercedes Benz 320 ML Models (in .3ds)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

xelono
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

TLW Mercedes Benz 320 ML Models (in .3ds)

Post by xelono »

Hello Trespassers

I found a model of the Mercedes Benz 320 ML of TLW: Jurassic Park and I have converted it to .3ds and it has been rescaled to the similar size of the JPExplorer.

It lacks textures, if there is someone here who has time to finish texturing the model, it would be fantastic. After all the model is already done that is more than 70% of the advanced work.

The model has too many polygons, without a doubt it will have to reduce that. (quite)

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ao4v65mh2 ... z320ML.rar

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: TLW Mercedes Benz 320 ML Models (in .3ds)

Post by machf »

Well, even outside Jurassic Park, I'm a fan of the ML320, so this is going to my archives by all means. Thanks!
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

That's a really awesome model. Unfortunately, as you noted, it's definitely way, way too high poly for Trespasser - look at the close-up, the tires on their own are probably over the 3072 triangle limit which CE uses for models! If you were to try and put those models into Trespasser, you'd have some severe performance issues, even if you could get past the tri limit. Someone would have to take the time to reduce the polycount massively, or build a lower-poly version over the frame of this model from scratch. :?

hppav was at one point working on Trespasser-friendly models of the Unimogs as well as the trailers, but they were never released.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Great model but that's def. not going to work in Tres, sry...