Comments on the Beta Level

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Did you get relatively good frame rates?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 11

Aladar
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Comments on the Beta Level

Post by Aladar »

First I'd like to thank y'all for making a great mod. I haven't gotten real far (I'll explain in a min) but the Battery Puzzle was great, I loved it. Now, the reason I didn't get very far was FPS problems, loads of them. This thing was a slideshow, and my system isn't THAT slow, I can play regular Trespasser levels with no problems. If I may make a suggestion, could you guys make a patch or seperate download to disable the fog? Or anything to make the FPS go faster? Overall though, I am very impressed. Seeing that baby Stego made me smile. :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Well, we're sorry to hear that you're getting poor framerates; overall testing appeared to show a satisfactory fps, but of course, we're still looking into ways to increase this.

Fog: Well, that stays. It's apart of the 'atmosphere' of the level, and intrinsic to overall level design. It also has no bearing on framerates.

This is a beta release afterall too, so we do expect some bugs n' glitches along the way, but we also expect that the 'official', final release due sometime during the new year will be an improvement over the beta.

Thanks for your positive comments, as well as the negative ones. All feedback is important to us --
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Re: Comments on the Beta Level

Post by Dapper Dan »

Aladar wrote:First I'd like to thank y'all for making a great mod. I haven't gotten real far...

Aladar, which end of the Southland you from? :wink:
Aladar
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Aladar »

Texas. How'd ya guess?
DarthMaulSithLord
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Re: Comments on the Beta Level

Post by DarthMaulSithLord »

Aladar wrote:First I'd like to thank y'all for making a great mod. I haven't gotten real far (I'll explain in a min) but the Battery Puzzle was great, I loved it. Now, the reason I didn't get very far was FPS problems, loads of them. This thing was a slideshow, and my system isn't THAT slow, I can play regular Trespasser levels with no problems. If I may make a suggestion, could you guys make a patch or seperate download to disable the fog? Or anything to make the FPS go faster? Overall though, I am very impressed. Seeing that baby Stego made me smile. :)
There was a battery puzzle? I just climbed over the gate.

:D
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Brawn, over brains. Regardless, I think we'll remove that ability to circumvent the puzzle for the final version.
Troodon

Post by Troodon »

Just upgraded my video card to an ATI Radeon 7000 64MB DDR. Boy, I wish Tres were as fast as TresEd under W2K on my machine! Unfortunately, the frame rate in Trespasser didn't change, my TPMS is still in the high 20s with the retail so you can imagine why I'm so upset about the BSP tree issue! ... :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Hmm... That's considerably less performance that my setup musters. I'll hit 20's during combat, but otherwise I average between 35-75 fmps.

What processor you usin'?

*I'm still hopful for a future, BsP solution*