Where did the original TresCom Ops level run off to?

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Where did the original TresCom Ops level run off to?

Post by TrespasserGuy »

What I'm referring to is the older version of the TC Ops level, the one that had the Brachiosaurs in the Pine Valley starting area, with the vanilla Tres jungle textures. You still escape by balloon in this version I know. I'm not sure where it ran off to, and I don't believe it's there on the Levels section on the main site.

This kid did a playthrough of it a decade ago and I wanted to find it again for nostalgia's sake

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Where did the original TresCom Ops level run off to?

Post by tatu »

It is still there, search for "TresCom Ops Level (Act I) Final" in the level section and you'll find it. Don't forget the Framerate patch. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

So I downloaded TCFinal.exe onto my PC, and extracted the two files that came with it. I tried to run the application that I assumed would install the level files but I got an error everytime I tried to open it. Using the framerate patch produced a similar result. Would it be okay for someone to just send me the level files? I own a legal copy of Tres and everything, and I really just wanted to look inside TC Level's files using TresEd.
tatu

Post by tatu »

TrespasserGuy wrote:So I downloaded TCFinal.exe onto my PC, and extracted the two files that came with it. I tried to run the application that I assumed would install the level files but I got an error everytime I tried to open it. Using the framerate patch produced a similar result. Would it be okay for someone to just send me the level files? I own a legal copy of Tres and everything, and I really just wanted to look inside TC Level's files using TresEd.
One would check that you got the game installed rather than a "legal" copy. Here are the level files themselves: https://www.trescom.org/download/downlo ... TCFinal.7z :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

That level is indeed very nice; I prefer it to the updated version Rebel made later, despite that the later version helped smooth the artistic transition to TC_Isle. TrespasserGuy, that old version of the level used the installer to modify the user's retail TPA files to include new sounds. I recall creating an ATX additive TPA file for these sounds to use in stead of that process, though I do not know what happened to it. I am sure some of the sounds are significant; ask Tatu, or perhaps Rebel, for the individual sound files in order to create your own such TPA file for Trespasser CE.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:TrespasserGuy, that old version of the level used the installer to modify the user's retail TPA files to include new sounds. I recall creating an ATX additive TPA file for these sounds to use in stead of that process, though I do not know what happened to it. I am sure some of the sounds are significant; ask Tatu, or perhaps Rebel, for the individual sound files in order to create your own such TPA file for Trespasser CE.
Yes. I would guess the newer TC package contain those sounds though. I didn't include it in the download as they said they wanted to look at it in TresEd. :)

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

That is a fair point. The old, original version of TC Final could be placed in the new engine package and, hopefully, have all sounds available... I am not entirely sure it would, as I believe Rebel crafted the new package to have only sounds featured in the levels (for the Stream and Ambient TPA files), and he may have removed some sounds from the level when creating the newer, pared-down version.