TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Isla Muerta - Site C
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:12 pm 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Quote:
Trespasser have an actiontype to allow images to be shown on screen. And I'm pretty sure you would be able to make Anne make a sound depending on health, through the use of fire triggers etc.

I'm not sure, I've never been able to figure out if it's possible to get the game to detect how much health an actor has. machf..?

Quote:
Unfortunately, I haven't figured out yet how to *remove* an image from the screen after displaying it... too bad the retail levels don't make use of that ActionType to find out more about it.

Yeah, that's the problem. You can get the image onscreen but can't take it away. I wonder if Lee could implement a way to remove the overlays in CE?

My currently active projects:
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:15 pm 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

machf wrote:
tatu wrote:
Trespasser have an actiontype to allow images to be shown on screen.

Unfortunately, I haven't figured out yet how to *remove* an image from the screen after displaying it... too bad the retail levels don't make use of that ActionType to find out more about it.

Doesn't JPDS remove the image when you go outside the trigger?

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:28 pm 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Quote:
Doesn't JPDS remove the image when you go outside the trigger?

Which trigger are you talking about? The one where you can jump the fence into the plains and the overlay of the Raptor comes up? If so, then no, it stays on the screen permanently.

Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:00 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

TheIdiot wrote:
Quote:
Trespasser have an actiontype to allow images to be shown on screen. And I'm pretty sure you would be able to make Anne make a sound depending on health, through the use of fire triggers etc.

I'm not sure, I've never been able to figure out if it's possible to get the game to detect how much health an actor has. machf..?

There's an ActionType to *set* HitPoints, but none to read them, AFAIK.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:04 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

I do wonder if CCreatureTrigger can detect Anne's health... As for the overlay image AT, the solution is probably to replace the image with a tiny, 1-to-4-pixel image when you don't want one displayed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:19 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Draconisaurus wrote:
I do wonder if CCreatureTrigger can detect Anne's health...

Oh, it does work with Anne, not just the dinos...

Quote:
As for the overlay image AT, the solution is probably to replace the image with a tiny, 1-to-4-pixel image when you don't want one displayed.

Either that, or a completely transparent image...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:36 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Ah well in that case, without looking I am wondering if it could be used to play sounds when certain healths are reached..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:00 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Draconisaurus wrote:
Ah well in that case, without looking I am wondering if it could be used to play sounds when certain healths are reached..

Just remember what the available options are:

Code:
bool    CreatureDie    false    If true, trigger fires when creature dies.
bool    CreatureCriticalDamage    false    If true, trigger fires when creature gets a single damage hit that decreases its HitPoints by an amount greater than or equal to its CriticalHit value.
float    CreatureDamagePoints    must specify    If set, trigger fires when creature gets a single damage hit that decreases its HitPoints by an amount greater than or equal to this value but less than its CriticalHit value.
bool    CreatureSleep    false    If true, trigger fires when creature (physics) falls asleep.
bool    CreatureWake    false    If true, trigger fires when creature physics is awoken.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:04 pm 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Quote:
As for the overlay image AT, the solution is probably to replace the image with a tiny, 1-to-4-pixel image when you don't want one displayed.

Does overlaying a different image get rid of the first one? I seem to remember running into the problem where the new image simply overlayed on top of the previous one...could be wrong though as I haven't touched that trigger for a long time.

Draconisaurus wrote:

The best I was able to come up with was making the player cough at random intervals to indicate sickness, which is triggered by a variable that is activated when you contract a disease (like in JPDS). You could create a bleeding system in a similar manner I would imagine - have the player lose health when injured severely and play a pain sound every now and then until they heal.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:19 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Mmmmm I see the value that will work..
And damn you know, it's too bad we can't teleport trnobjs.. make Anne leave a trail of blood as she walks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:29 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Quote:
And damn you know, it's too bad we can't teleport trnobjs.. make Anne leave a trail of blood as she walks.

Huh. You'd think maybe there would be a way considering that the blood TrnObjs teleport when a dinosaur is wounded. Even if it were only the blood objects, you could do some neat things...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:51 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Has anyone tried spraying particles named "Blood" on the ground to see if they make a bloodsplat?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:53 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

TheIdiot wrote:
Quote:

Huh. You'd think maybe there would be a way considering that the blood TrnObjs teleport when a dinosaur is wounded. Even if it were only the blood objects, you could do some neat things...

I think they may have disabled the effect for the player...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:57 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Ah true I haven't seen Anne's blood produce splats.. probably won't work, then.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:04 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Draconisaurus wrote:
Has anyone tried spraying particles named "Blood" on the ground to see if they make a bloodsplat?

I have - there's a trigger in that really old RTJP level that sprays blood, and it doesn't produce splats. Seems to me like it's the collision between the "bullet" and the creature that causes the blood TrnObj to teleport rather than the particles themselves unfortunately.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next