Isla Muerta - Site C (Now Released - pg. 5)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Isla Muerta - Site C

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha thanks!

Here's the latest work - made a 100% new model lighthouse for the northeast peninsula.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Lovin' that lighthouse, Drac! Very unique stylistically...reminds me somewhat of the BioSyn headquarters building at the start of The Chaos Continues. Might have to get you to design the Isla Nublar lighthouse when the time comes! :P

I also see you've updated the terrain textures, looks pretty nice.

I'll definitely have to do a CE sky for this level soon, it'll really help sell screenshots like that one with the mountains - currenlty hidden in the fogt - silhouetted against the fancy sky. A little suggestion in-line with some of the JPDS stuff we've discussed in the past: I think you might want to push the fog distance back, but still keep it thick enough to make objects in the distance nearly invisible. I forsee players getting impossibly lost again - as seems to have been a problem with JPDS - with the fog being so close. There's definitely a way to make it foggy but still have distant terrain faintly visible to make things less overly claustrophobic if you tweak the settings enough.

Speaking of claustrophobic - and I can't remember if this is in the level already - it would be especially beneficial for the level's overall horror aspect to create triggers to make interior spaces darker and much more fogged, almost to simulate human night-vision, since indoors the space is much smaller and there's no worry about whether or not the player can see potential points of exploration. You can probably tweak that trigger I made to set the fog in the OR building to work with regular interiors (would especially advocate this being used in that one location in the mountains...you know the place). :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks for the suggestions... We'll see how much I budge on fog distance. I think diff locations will "ask" for different fog distances and I'm quite happy with the fog distance for general island locations.

And yes - major solution to the trnobj issue was to swap one of the textures with PH non-wet sand texture. It also convinced me to start making little water-level beaches here and there.

Current scripting issue is a certain teleport thingy. Can't get the bloody collision triggers to behave. x_X
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Work continues - this mod will feature the jumbo mechanical arm from JP///
Click on Image
Click on Image
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Nice. Now all we need is the EA buildings themselves and finally JPDS1 can be finished. :P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha, I have a related plan hatching.. (no pun intended)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Latest work - the Cybernetics plant, where those cyber-deinonychus' were upgraded.
Click on Image
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Looks really cool, Drac. So many neat new locations to explore in this mod! Looks like you could probably get a dino or two into that building without them getting suck if you wanted as well. :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Go look for yourself ;)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

TheIdiot wrote: without them getting suck if you wanted as well. :wink:
Whoops...I meant "stuck". :P
Draconisaurus wrote:Go look for yourself ;)
I see...I see indeed... :wink:
xelono
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by xelono »

Is this map dead? It looked quite promising and now the images are no longer visible ...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Eh, I was using facebook posts as image hosting and they routinely change the URLs. I'll post future ones as attachments. Anyway the mod is not dead, just taking a break. I plan to finish it within a year or so. ATM many locations are established and developed but various aspects need to be worked on. TI pointed out that some areas just don't have much in them, I'll try to fix that. Also the puzzles need to be figured out more fully. But enough work has been done that it'll definitely be released in a decent form. Currently busy with other modding work and life stuff.
xelono
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by xelono »

Draconisaurus wrote:Eh, I was using facebook posts as image hosting and they routinely change the URLs. I'll post future ones as attachments. Anyway the mod is not dead, just taking a break. I plan to finish it within a year or so. ATM many locations are established and developed but various aspects need to be worked on. TI pointed out that some areas just don't have much in them, I'll try to fix that. Also the puzzles need to be figured out more fully. But enough work has been done that it'll definitely be released in a decent form. Currently busy with other modding work and life stuff.
To very well! Then I will look forward to playing! A hug. :ebiggrin:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Alright everyone, my last major release. TheIdiot and I worked on this mod a bit together, after I set it up. Set in an alternate reality where various things are quite different from normal Jurassic Park canon, BioSyn controls Isla Muerta (one of the Five Deaths) and has set up their own facilities there. The plan was to include several Chaos Effect dinosaurs, and there are 3 present in the level, including one skinned by TI. If you explore around you will find several things; this level includes the most ingame readable text of any mod I've created, akin to some of what the Embryonics Administration was supposed to be in JPDS. After TI got a hold of it, we had decided to turn SiteC into a horror-themed mod. There was supposed to be a ghost at the top of the staircase in the office building but it broke for some reason. I had been developing a plan to finish and release this mod for Halloween this year, but sadly that is not going to happen. So, here is the mod now. Hope you all enjoy.

https://app.box.com/s/x25369k3q4uojx5652c4zwgdxpz8wa4d
SiteC01.jpg
SiteC01.jpg (162.44 KiB) Viewed 5768 times
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Isla Muerta - Site C (Now Released - pg. 5)

Post by TheIdiot »

Ugh, I'm still bummed that the ghost didn't work! Still don't have a clue what happened to it. For those curious, when you go up the stairs in one of the buildings, a music cue will play - you would have seen a ghost quickly zoom by the doorway. The ghost model itself can be found in one of the adjacent rooms.

I'm glad you're putting out this level, though. I think it's still quite fun to explore, even if it's incomplete...maybe someone will use that Omega Rex elsewhere.