TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:09 am 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Draconisaurus wrote:
*downloads CE version* Ack, sorry that installation method looks very uhh strange and cluttery, will stick with the stand-alone on this one..

'Nyways. Great level of course. I want to note that I've only ever seen one raptor ingame, no idea where the others are supposed to be. So I went to the...

Spoiler: show
...wagon with the axe, used it on the temple door. Worked. Tho when I load the savegame there, your CEntityAttached fog thing turns on when the savegame is loaded. :?
Inside the temple.. I managed to get across the lava and find an interesting set-up, however the clue utterly mystifies me, no idea what to do after.

Ah, yeah. I never play save games, but I do recall having this problem before with the torch. I'll have to change a few
things to tracktwo settings to avoid the savegame errors.

So, playing off a savegame at the moment won't allow you to finish the level. Very busy with work, but I'll try to release
a grf/scn fix by monday. :|

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:28 am 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Drac, and to anyone else who plays with savegames. The below zip contains a new set of grf/scn
files that should do the trick. You may see a quick flash of dusk at loadups now, but it's a solution
that appears to work. The quirk affected certain puzzle elements too, so those had to be tended
to as well.

I'll look into it further for the next release . . . I'll repackage this when I get the time, but for
now, just switch the grf/scn files. I should be in bed by now, I've got a long work day waiting
for me tomorrow.

Btw, if you use these grf/scn files, throw away your old savegames files. They won't work with
the updated level files.

Attachments:
File comment: ruins_beta savegame grf/scn fix
ruins_savegamefix.zip [4.02 MiB]
Downloaded 59 times

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:31 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Huh sweet thanks. However I'm still stuck puzzle-wise...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:08 am 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Draconisaurus wrote:
Huh sweet thanks. However I'm still stuck puzzle-wise...

Well, if you need too you can read the walk-thru on page 4, Drac. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:03 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Urgh I'll have to do that. Too tired ATM -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:14 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h9cdcyls ... 8.zip/file

Above is the latest beta of the level (fixes save games issues as well as a few other items
added).

If you need walk_thru help, see page 4 for that (under spoilers).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:22 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Before I go and fix the level up properly for CE (and then of course give it a playthrough and review), I'm going to wait a bit until everything is cleared up and you're sure you've done the final version in order to avoid cluttering up my Mediafire account and having to do a bunch of uploads. At the moment I'm not really sure which one is the most up-to-date release?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:55 am 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

TheIdiot wrote:
Before I go and fix the level up properly for CE (and then of course give it a playthrough and review), I'm going to wait a bit until everything is cleared up and you're sure you've done the final version in order to avoid cluttering up my Mediafire account and having to do a bunch of uploads. At the moment I'm not really sure which one is the most up-to-date release?

Hi, T.I. The most up-to-date release is a few posts up. And that is the final version for quite some time.
Same link as below:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:27 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Rebel wrote:

Hey Rebel, your are being very good. The idea is very original. Imagine putting people in the game, like NPC. I did a level imagining my city, but very little. Was like country side, with some plants, cars... good job for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:07 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

wbhaese wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Hey Rebel, your are being very good. The idea is very original. Imagine putting people in the game, like NPC. I did a level imagining my city, but very little. Was like country side, with some plants, cars... good job for you.

Thanks, man. I appreciate the comments. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:35 pm 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Rebel wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:

Hi, T.I. The most up-to-date release is a few posts up. And that is the final version for quite some time.
Same link as below:

Okay, thanks Reb, I'll take a look soon and get it set up for CE. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:17 pm 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Hey Rebel, uploaded it to TresCom and replaced the old version:

http://www.trescom.org/download/downloa ... _31_18.zip

Cheers :)

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:36 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

tatu wrote:
Hey Rebel, uploaded it to TresCom and replaced the old version:

http://www.trescom.org/download/downloa ... _31_18.zip

Cheers :)

Thank you, very much. You're a good dude, tatu. :)

T.I.: Thanks for taking care of the CE version. I did try, but couldn't get it right. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:35 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

HidiHo, people. The final of the level is in the 7zip below. All elements of the level seem to be
working as intended (as well as save games). As anyone can relate to, no level is ever consid-
ered done, done, there can always be more changes, additions, etc, but at some point you do
need to say 'I'm done' and move on to other projects.

I could list the changes and/or additions made since the beta release, but I assume those who
either play the level or simply look through it with TresEd will notice the changes made. I have
included the walkthrough (inside level folder), though I think atx's map cheat would suffice for
most (areas that must be visited in order to advance through the level and solve the puzzles a-
long the way are denoted as red dots on the map). If anyone is unfamiliar with the cheat, you
simply type in 'map' in the cheat console (typing it again, turns off the map).

As always, I appreciate the input and assistance received by all, and in particular that of machf,
Draco, TheIdiot and Tatu. The feedback received was also much appreciated.

(Download is about 45.2 mbs (atx stand_alone package)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/866l84jv ... 19.7z/file

(Download std. zip file (55.6mbs (ax stand_alone package)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1nwah7ij ... 9.zip/file

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:02 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Great! Going to play now. Btw, what's your next project? I recall you mentioning something but I've forgotten what it was.

....Sooo went through again, and as before I can't figure out what the hint-scene by the aquaduct is for. I got inside the lava-floored temple but couldn't figure out anything to do there.
Went and saw the aquatic reptile (which species again?), pretty nifty! And I <3 the OTP area above.. as well as.. that goat sounds great XD
And again I want to express a job-well-done in the latest repurpose of an original Trespasser terrain. May there by many more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next