TI's Mega Jungle (Resource) - Released!

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: TI's Mega Jungle (Resource) - Released!

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:Just in time... I just got a replacement videocard today at noon sicne the old one somehow failed on Sunday (cooling fan stopped spinning ad as the card overheated, the PC kept shutting down). Had this been released yesterday, I'd have been banging my head against the wall and shouting "Why? WHY? WHYYYYY???!!!"
Ahaaa, but it WAS uploaded yesterday. :P Your timing just seems to be lucky.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

For me, it was still the same day (shortly before midnight) when I posted that, so "yesterday" was, indeed, one day earlier.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Excellent! Love the new pines, Tres almost never gets any. I will say the new grass objs have blue outlines in their ingame opacity, tho.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh, little report here - at least three foliage models here export-import-to-new-level with blue in their textures. "TJungleGroundcover00-00" and "VBamboo00-00" / "VBamboo01-00"...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Huh, little report here - at least three foliage models here export-import-to-new-level with blue in their textures. "TJungleGroundcover00-00" and "VBamboo00-00" / "VBamboo01-00"...
That's weird, I didn't have any trouble with TJungleGroundcover, but I haven't exported VBamboo into any other level thusfar so I may have missed that.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

That is an issue where the opacity is not imported correctly. I know it is an issue that can happen when you redo a texture SWP import. Try exporting the object, make sure the opacity is there, then reimport it and replace both mesh and textures and see if it helps.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:That is an issue where the opacity is not imported correctly. I know it is an issue that can happen when you redo a texture SWP import. Try exporting the object, make sure the opacity is there, then reimport it and replace both mesh and textures and see if it helps.
Yeah, I thought I'd fixed that, guess not. I'll have to see into that for the next version, because for now...

VERSION 0.4 RELEASED!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6f5tpty9f ... e_V0.4.zip

No major changes in this version, but there is the addition of a couple of new Hawaiian palms which are without physics for you to drool over. As usual, I recommend you avoid using them for now until I can apply proper physics. Other updates include a couple of minor physics changes and the reduction of the Evergreen trees' polycount so that they hopefully won't destroy your performance as much and are now fully usuable.

I have a few more additions to foliage which are WIP at the moment, and by the next update I hope to have finished the physics for everything so that it will all be fully usable. :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sweet man, thanks. I wish to note that the link you posted here lists a ton of different files (and I had to create a mediafire account to access it).
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Sweet man, thanks. I wish to note that the link you posted here lists a ton of different files (and I had to create a mediafire account to access it).
Whoops, that was the wrong link, sorry about that. It's fixed now.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

No worries - I went and downloaded the toy bear and clown, had been missing those for a while!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:No worries - I went and downloaded the toy bear and clown, had been missing those for a while!
Ah, forgot about those crappy old models...will have to make some new ones one day.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Update for you TI on Draco's issue above. The issue with the opacity is that the objects doesn't contain any to begin with. However, I would guess TresEd for some reason sometimes make its own opacity ones.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:Update for you TI on Draco's issue above. The issue with the opacity is that the objects doesn't contain any to begin with. However, I would guess TresEd for some reason sometimes make its own opacity ones.
Yeah, I'm fully aware of what happened, I'm just not sure how. I gave those models opacity maps when I imported them, it's almost as if they vanished. Still, not a big deal, I do happen to have the correct opacity maps in other levels so they should be easily fixable.
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:
tatu wrote:Update for you TI on Draco's issue above. The issue with the opacity is that the objects doesn't contain any to begin with. However, I would guess TresEd for some reason sometimes make its own opacity ones.
Yeah, I'm fully aware of what happened, I'm just not sure how. I gave those models opacity maps when I imported them, it's almost as if they vanished. Still, not a big deal, I do happen to have the correct opacity maps in other levels so they should be easily fixable.
I know the "issue". When you import a texture with an opacity, it will apply that opacity to the texture itself, not the object. So if there is other objects in the level that uses the main texture, the opacity will apply to that one as well.

I now know how the "issue" happens. It works by that when you import an object with an opacity, it will apply the opacity to the texture itself, not necessary only in the objects files. The result will be that the opacity will apply to any objects that uses that texture, without the need to add that information to the mesh. :)

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

...Holy Raptor Jesus TI, those pines are still way over-poly. I'm going to employ them in limited amounts atm but are you sure there's no way to make them closer to 500-700 faces? FPS gets a little low even just with the small area in MegaJungle..