Idea...

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Idea...

Post by Shep »

Do you know what would be fun? something that is always able to bring fun, a level that never ends.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: Idea...

Post by Bryankd2015 »

and exactly how could we do that?
Kaffeebohnson
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Kaffeebohnson »

I think you mean some kind of horde mode? Basically an enclosed map where waves of dinosaurs and weapons spawn continuously?

Personally, I am more of a narrative kind of guy.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Sorry, I got into something so I couldn't explain it more but have a large world and have it spawn dinosaurs to random places and basically be an open world survival thing. You could have many places to explore and get better stuff likes guns and ... food possibly? Also have many places fit for a home like a cave and stuff. This sounds more of a multiplayer thing though.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Kaffeebohnson
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Kaffeebohnson »

Have a look at Island 359 if you own a Vive HMD. That's pretty much what you describe.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

You must like that game huh? :lol:

Anyway, I don't like the idea of care packages and yeah it is most def gonna sound like that game because that game is a new trespasser, (not a good one though) but I say to have these things to make the game waste more time of your life within one level. I can have all the funs in the InGen Town but after a while of each playthrough it gets boring. So why not make something made to work forever. (also still need multiplayer for this to be funner but people don't want to mess around in source)
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

While it wouldn't be possible to create a really huge world in Trespasser, due to limitation of ~65000 objects in one level, a more survival aspect is totally possible to do.

For example: You could make "food" like fruit etc spawn after a certain time after it's been used or taken of its location.

For dinosaurs: Dinosaurs you kill could be spawned outside the map after a while into a trigger which makes them alive again, and then respawn then again after a certain amount of time.

The level is very possible to create, however, it would need a lot of triggers to work, and testing it would take time. But it would totally work :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

This idea makes me wonder what other never-ending Tres levels might be waiting to be made... I like the raptor-wave idea.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Actually started doing a horde-mode thing myself a long time ago once, but it never got past the initial map design stage. It's definitely possible and rather simple to do. I even tested barricade-able windows at one point - sadly I think this level might be lost. The next best thing is the Hunter's Camp challenge in JPDS, which is rather short but quite fun.

As for the open-world survival thing, this is definitely doable. In fact I've had PM discussions with Draco in the past about such a thing, where you have to eat, drink and sleep as you try to build some sort of escape vehicle to get to freedom. This would definitely be a cool thing to see at some point. 8) The level itself wouldn't have to be huge, in fact I wouldn't recommend anything too large as crossing the island to go between places would be very tedious.
This idea makes me wonder what other never-ending Tres levels might be waiting to be made...
There are already a bunch - all you have to do is not place an EndGame trigger. :P