If I have the .wtd file

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: If I have the .wtd file

Post by Bryankd2015 »

ok.. I am working on it.. I will update here.

This may sound like a dumb question... How do you tell on these maps where north south east and west is? I am working on the terrain for what I want, but want to know where to start anne

Edit : I got basic textures in the level.. What I need to find out if there is a file I can load that will give me the paths, water or any of those types of resources along with the trees, rocks, etc. Is there a file that will do that without having to get them one by one into the level? yes I tried importing a folder and no it didn't work.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Bryankd2015 wrote:This may sound like a dumb question... How do you tell on these maps where north south east and west is? I am working on the terrain for what I want, but want to know where to start anne
You mean ingame or TresEd or both?
Easy way without getting into the orientation numbers. Export your terrain to BMP. It dumps in the TresEd folder... Go look at the image; whichever direction is UP in the image is TresEd-North.
Edit : I got basic textures in the level.. What I need to find out if there is a file I can load that will give me the paths, water or any of those types of resources along with the trees, rocks, etc. Is there a file that will do that without having to get them one by one into the level? yes I tried importing a folder and no it didn't work.
Dunno what to say about paths and water but I created "Base~TresJungle" some time ago to speed-up foliage addition in Tres levels (original jungle type, only).

http://www.trescom.org/download/downloa ... elease.rar

Theoretically, if you export all textures from this level (using select-all to get first non-TrnObjs (have all obj-display buttons pressed other than TrnObj), then all TrnObjs (have the TrnObjs button selected), you can import it as a GRF using GeomAdd. I however have never been successful in this method, IIRC.

The easy way to do it (assuming not much work has been done on your level) is to use GeomAdd to rename Base~TresJungle to your new level and mod it from there.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I got them both figured out.. thank you for the help

Edit:

I can not load the level in game. Each time I import anything in it says there is a warning about not finding pathfinding in anne what do I need to do to fix this? Right now there is virtually nothing in the level, as I am trying to do the landscaping first.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I have a really basic level put together.. still cannot test in game. not sure why.

Welcome to GeomAdd.
Please select level and file or directory to import.

Loading level for verification...
Verifying level...
Name: "pl"
SCN: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres game master\data\pl.scn"
GRF: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres game master\data\pl.grf"
PID: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres game master\data\pl-130.pid"
SWP: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres game master\data\pl-130.swp"
SPZ: ""
Verifying instances...
Verifying meshes...
Verifying values...
WARNING: Missing instance "$FTPvJayBoulder_B_02-00", used in "TPvJayBoulder_B_01-00", value Model01
WARNING: Missing instance "$FTPvJayBoulder_B_01-00", used in "TPvJayBoulder_B_01-00", value Model00
WARNING: Missing instance "$Feastgate01-00", used in "Seastgatedoor1-00", value Model01
WARNING: Missing instance "$Feastgate00-00", used in "Seastgatedoor1-00", value Model00
WARNING: Missing instance "$FSFldCnDoor01-00 ", used in "Pflooddoor00-00", value Model01
WARNING: Missing instance "$FSFldCnDoor00-00", used in "Pflooddoor00-00", value Model00
WARNING: Missing instance "$FDamHandle-00", used in "Plever00-00", value Model00
WARNING: Missing instance "$FFloodGate-00", used in "SFloodgate01-00", value Model00
WARNING: Missing instance "$FChurchDoor00-00", used in "Schurchdoors00-00", value Model00
WARNING: Missing instance "$FChurchDoor01-00", used in "Schurchdoors01-00", value Model00
WARNING: Unknown value 'Pathfinding' found in "$AnneBody".
WARNING: Unknown value 'BoundBol' found in "Trig_Level_IT-00".
Verifying PID...
Used 0.4MB of 20.1MB available primary texture space
Used 17 of 98 available palettes
Verifying SWP and SPZ...
Finished verification.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

You are missing the physics for the objects, the $ ones.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

As for the last two errors - the value "Pathfinding" should be "Pathfind" but is a common typo throughout Tres levels, retail and fan. The "BoundBol" one is a retail IT typo where a box trigger was given that value instead of "BoundVol" (short for Bounding Volume). Simply fixing the typo causes the object to crash the game, as I recall; it needs to be imported with GeometryType 2.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

ok I changed the pathfinding to pathfind and changed the boundbol to boundvol and those are gone now. if the remaining ones are simply the physics.. I can work around that.

Welcome to GeomAdd.
Please select level and file or directory to import.

Loading level for verification...
Verifying level...
Name: "pl"
SCN: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres game master\data\pl.scn"
GRF: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres game master\data\pl.grf"
PID: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres game master\data\pl-130.pid"
SWP: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres game master\data\pl-130.swp"
SPZ: ""
Verifying instances...
Verifying meshes...
Verifying values...
WARNING: Missing instance "$FTPvJayBoulder_B_02-00", used in "TPvJayBoulder_B_01-00", value Model01
WARNING: Missing instance "$FTPvJayBoulder_B_01-00", used in "TPvJayBoulder_B_01-00", value Model00
WARNING: Missing instance "$Feastgate01-00", used in "Seastgatedoor1-00", value Model01
WARNING: Missing instance "$Feastgate00-00", used in "Seastgatedoor1-00", value Model00
WARNING: Missing instance "$FSFldCnDoor01-00 ", used in "Pflooddoor00-00", value Model01
WARNING: Missing instance "$FSFldCnDoor00-00", used in "Pflooddoor00-00", value Model00
WARNING: Missing instance "$FDamHandle-00", used in "Plever00-00", value Model00
WARNING: Missing instance "$FFloodGate-00", used in "SFloodgate01-00", value Model00
WARNING: Missing instance "$FChurchDoor00-00", used in "Schurchdoors00-00", value Model00
WARNING: Missing instance "$FChurchDoor01-00", used in "Schurchdoors01-00", value Model00
Verifying PID...
Used 0.4MB of 20.1MB available primary texture space
Used 17 of 98 available palettes
Verifying SWP and SPZ...
Finished verification.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Sorry for the double here but I still am unable to play in game.. the post above is the verification from geomadd of the level.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Appearently my hard drive had some faults to it.. so I have installed on another drive..