How to change the songs of the Trespasser?

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Plotosaurus Rex
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

How to change the songs of the Trespasser?

Post by Plotosaurus Rex »

Hello everybody, I would like to know if you have any way to replace the songs Trespasser for the songs of the Jurassic Park movies. You know how to do this?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: How to change the songs of the Trespasser?

Post by TheIdiot »

It's not too difficult - you have to first get your .wav files you want to replace the tracks with, then name them appropriately and use TPA Reader to replace them in the .tpa files by converting them to .cau files and then importing them with the name of the track you want to replace. You can find TPA reader as well as a list of all of Trespasser's music (and sound) files on the main site. Just be sure to make backups if you plan on editing the original .tpa files. I've also had difficulty converting the files to the correct .wav version using the newer editions of Audacity, so you might want to go ahead and get one of the old versions made for Windows 2000.
Plotosaurus Rex
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

The format of my soundtrack files of the film are in MP3, I must use another format for it to work?
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

A simple transfer either from audacity (free) or a program online should be the solution to the boulder that be in your way.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Plotosaurus Rex
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Yes, I am already learning to use the program :lol:
Plotosaurus Rex
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Well, I'm trying to learn to use this program. And I already have the audio files in the 'data' folder Trespasser. Could someone explain me step-by-step what to do in this part?
Attachments
Sem título2.jpg
Sem título2.jpg (112.34 KiB) Viewed 12795 times
Well, I'm trying to learn to use this program. And I already have the audio files in the 'data' folder Trespasser. Could someone explain me step-by-step what to do in this part?
Sem título1.jpg (46.25 KiB) Viewed 12795 times
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

1. First, you have to make sure the files are in old .wav format, as I said.
2. Open TPA Reader
3. Click convert and then select the file you want to import. This will turn the .wav file into a .cau file in the TPA Reader install folder that can then be imported. Repeat this step for every audio file you wish to import.
4. Select "Load TPA" in TPA reader. Select the TPA file you want to import your custom sounds into - if you want to replace the game's music, this will be Stream.tpa. Also, if you are replacing a sound effect and not a music/voiceover, make sure you click the "Import as Eft." button so that the new sounds will affected by distance.
5. Type in the name of the file that will be read by Trespasser in the $Name box. For music files, this usually begins with "MUSIC - ".
6. Select "Add_Cau" and pick the converted .cau file that you want to import. The program will now stall for a second and then say something like "Completed - TPA Closed". You're now done! If you want to import another file, you will need to go back to Step 4 and repeat the process as the TPA file must be re-loaded every time you add a new file.
Hope that helps! :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Does anyone know the actual settings for WAV files accepted by Trespasser? I used to have it around but that was years ago...

Mmmm its definitely in a thread somewhere but who knows where that is..
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Does anyone know the actual settings for WAV files accepted by Trespasser? I used to have it around but that was years ago...
All I know is that nothing from the newer editions of Audacity works. You have to use an older version or the files will not be converted to .cau format correctly. I tried every single format (stereo, mono, different bitrates, 22050-44100 KHZ) and still nothing.
Mmmm its definitely in a thread somewhere but who knows where that is..
Yeah, that's where I read about it a long time ago, too, and where I learned that I had to use the old Audacity. Maybe search up "Audacity"?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

If I remember correctly, this software should be able to convert the audio files to the correct format before importing:

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=8738
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Plotosaurus Rex
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

'The Idiot', I did what you said to do but it seems that the game remains the same. The songs remain the same ... Can you tell me what the problem is or if there is another step to do?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

tatu wrote:If I remember correctly, this software should be able to convert the audio files to the correct format before importing:

Mmmmm I can't find a downloadable app there, only code and stuff...?
Plotosaurus Rex wrote:'The Idiot', I did what you said to do but it seems that the game remains the same. The songs remain the same ... Can you tell me what the problem is or if there is another step to do?
Hmm try controlling the variables more... For example be absolutely sure which TPA file (and where) you are altering... Aaaand try playing the updated sound in TPA Reader.

Another thing to do is use TPA Add, found in Trespasser Twilight (see sig). Go into "\TPA Editing\Old Utilities" and you'll see a file called "UpdateTPA.bat". Edit the text of the file in Notepad to use the WAV filename, ingame sound name, and the TPA you want to update instead of the ones listed. Then move each of those files into the same folder as the BAT file, and open the BAT file. Afterwards, try the sound in TPA Reader... If it works there, it should work ingame!
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:
tatu wrote:If I remember correctly, this software should be able to convert the audio files to the correct format before importing:

Mmmmm I can't find a downloadable app there, only code and stuff...?
Click the Temp link in his signature and you will get to the right link :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Just an FYI, tpa captionReader does not replace any sound. It can only add new sounds by assigning a $name to the imported .cau file. If you want to replace sounds, you have to use tpaAdd.

*I used to have a small program i wrote that helped with creating the *bat files (tpa_batchmaker), but I can't seem to find it on my harddrive, so I guess I don't have it any longer -

**Actually, I found it backed up on my website.
Attachments
tpa_batchmakerv3.zip
tpa batchmaker (for use with tpaAdd)
(68.89 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

tatu wrote:Click the Temp link in his signature and you will get to the right link :)
Aha thx!
Rebel wrote:Just an FYI, tpa captionReader does not replace any sound. It can only add new sounds by assigning a $name to the imported .cau file. If you want to replace sounds, you have to use tpaAdd.
Ah that explains it..