Very more trees and plants in Trespasser

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Plotosaurus Rex
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Very more trees and plants in Trespasser

Post by Plotosaurus Rex »

Hello guys! I am new in this group and would like you to explain to me whether you can put a much larger amount of trees and plants in Trespasser, I do not like the way it is in the game, I wanted to have a ambient more similar to a forest (like in Jurassic Park 3).

You would know how to do this? 8)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Very more trees and plants in Trespasser

Post by TheIdiot »

Welcome aboard! :)
You would know how to do this? 8)
Yes. I myself have been at it for some time:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10821

You can also download TresEd, the level editor, and add more plants yourself very easily. And you can even import brand new objects if you use GeomAdd. Both of those can be found on the main TresCom website. :) Just be warned that Trespasser is a much older game and might crash if you put too many objects in one area.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Very more trees and plants in Trespasser

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome, to Jurassic World. 8)

Tres's ability to handle dense foliage if pretty variable. When the ingame area is smaller, you can fit a lot more without the engine spazing... Have a look at LostJungle in the Downloads section of the site for an example of dense foliage accomplished this way.

As a general note... the creation of Tres CE has allowed much higher performance and non-crashing object density. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?p=114129#p114129