Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Plantation House Contest

Post by Draconisaurus »

I am interested to know the states of other PH entries...?
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I am doing great on mine.. now I got most of the sounds figured out.. I am trying to clean up little details at the moment.. most of it is finished.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

after a few setbacks.. I have most of mine complete now.. will be turning it in very soon.

I will be a little longer than I thought, but still looking pretty well.

Edit :

Not to give anything away here but I have found a few things that I am trying to import into this level that should have been there. New objects alert : I am using several previously not used items in the PH level. How many will be able to spot what is new versus what has been used before. When have a tally I will say how many are there.

This level should be turned in soon.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I have a problem here.. some things I have tried to import with geomadd have broken the level to the point I had to start over a few times now.. not sure why.. but am having some trouble with the import process.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Could you be specific about your import issues?
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

After some review of what worked and what didn't work.. seems I am having trouble with the 24 bit color objects that I tried to import. The remaining ones.. have come in without any real issues. On one particular dino I lost all the textures and had a white dino roaming around, however, I did figure out the textures where in a different folder.. so that is now fixed.

This one gave me the most grief : group PClownDoll00-00 = {
int ext_GeometryType = 2
bool Moveable = true
bool Tangible = true
float Friction = 7.000000
float Mass = 3.000000
string SoundMaterial = "Cloth"
}
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Bryankd2015 wrote: This one gave me the most grief : group PClownDoll00-00 = {
int ext_GeometryType = 2
bool Moveable = true
bool Tangible = true
float Friction = 7.000000
float Mass = 3.000000
string SoundMaterial = "Cloth"
}
Is that my clown doll model, by any chance? That thing has quite a few flaws since it was one of my first models, and I never did upload the improved textures. I apologize for whatever problems might have been had with that. Not sure if the textures were converted on it to 256, either, so you'll want to check and fix that if so.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Yep that might be the one.. dunno really but I d/l a bunch of models to put in to trespasser at some point.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

A note on 24-bit textures... well, multiple notes:
  • The way GeomAdd imports them, they get shifted to the right by 8 pixels (and the shifted region (typically 8 by 256 as it goes) gets shifted up by 1 pixel as well. This means they have to be reverse-shifted in image editing before import.
  • 24-bit images are generally best suited to textures which will have gradual transparency (as opposed to on/off transparency like most Tres textures). New textures made for Tres and released to the public are not infrequently still in 24-bit format - it's up to the modder to convert them into 256-color (8-bit) BMPs. I recommend the Tres Texture Archive (found in the Tres File Box *points to sig*) for initial palettization... If it's not entirely suiting, use Wally (in Tres Twilight) to apply a palette which fits the colors, then in an image editor paste the original texture into the new 8-bit BMP to get the quality best ('tis then a good idea to apply the palette again in Wally, as photoshop has been known to change the palette upon save).
  • GeomAdd makes another mistake when importing 24-bit images in that, if imported at separate times, they may overlap one another, causing the old (and new?) 24-bit textures to show pieces of each other. The simple solution to this is to be sure and import all objs which will use 24-bit textures at the same time (I like to make a folder with the various TPMs, which with GeomAdd I use "Import Directory").
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I am going to be a lot more careful when importing anything again the exporting in 3ds max script isn't working as I thought it keeps saying that the objects are not in the correct format. For those that know.. I am using some of the objects in the mystery models 2 folder and cannot get any of them into the game at all.

Can someone try this and tell me how to do it correctly, if you can please?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

If you are referring to "NOTE: File format version not supported, file may not load correctly.", this line always comes up - pay it no heed.
What sorts of errors result when you import exported TPM files?

To my knowledge, Mystery Model models can be imported into Tres w/out issue.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

after I import them.. it crashes the level everytime... however after some thought.. I want to find out what the best way to set the game up in the first place.. I have both twilight and CE but having one appears to mess the other up... just wondering what I need to do that is best for editing

EDIT :

I am pretty sure I figured out how to fix it. I deleted everything I was using for playing and editing, started over. I installed it hd install, then I put the CE files in, and change one line so it would read 16 bit color not 32 bit. guiapp and tresed are both working no crash as of yet, everything is crystal clear.. no weird color stuff nothing.

in the trespasser.ini file I changed the following : (from the 32 to 16)

;--------
[Display]
;--------

ScreenBitDepth=16
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Well.. it seems I am still having some trouble importing objects from other sources, however some objects from other levels are importing without a problem so still working on this.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

ok.. upon testing the level... I have a small problem and cant figure it out.. you practically have to get on top of the dinos for them to react... how do you make them animated further away?
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Perhaps this?

Code: Select all

float WakeUp = 130.000000
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!