Plantation House Contest

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Plantation House Contest

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:Start with Ctrl+D (handy when many objs are selected), then hold 3 while left-click-dragging until the lower edges of the mesh are all underground.
Yep, that's basically it. Either that, or use CTRL+I and lower everything that's currently selected by 0.5m or so...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

ok great I think I got what I needed to finish this project.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I only discovered those keyboard shortcuts very recently thanks to a PM discussion with Draco. Would be great if someone could provide a list of all the TresEd keyboards shortcuts somewhere so that new creators (and myself) can have a quick reference when getting started? I would never have guessed that 1-6 were used for rotation unless machf mentioned it.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

TheIdiot wrote:I only discovered those keyboard shortcuts very recently thanks to a PM discussion with Draco. Would be great if someone could provide a list of all the TresEd keyboards shortcuts somewhere so that new creators (and myself) can have a quick reference when getting started? I would never have guessed that 1-6 were used for rotation unless machf mentioned it.
Actually, it was Drac who mentioned it...

And here you go:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5596

http://tresed.trescom.org/TresView/readme.txt
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Here is a single sneak peak at my ph level
Attachments
ph.bmp
ph.bmp (3.75 MiB) Viewed 10011 times
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Hey Draco, the level-building part of the contest is over. When do you think we can check out everybody else's levels and vote?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well as it happens I have only received 1 PH Contest entry and it is currently being fixed to be playable ingame... :? With only 1 entry there can't be any voting, I'm afraid. It will be good to see various interpretations of PH released over time here at TC.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I am having a small problem here, I have tried everything I can think of to no avail. I had to get another hard drive on my computer.. it is good, no problems.. when I installed tres it opens up in the top left corner of the screen and goes down to about half of it.. the tresed and guiapp will no longer open at all. I installed tres with the CE setup. all on the same drive and all.. is there anything someone else might be able to tell me about this problem?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Hmm. Now that we've had an actual release of PH, would it perhaps just be wise to have everyone work independently of the contest and release their own interpretations of the level themselves?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Shhh! I intended to submit that PH version as my entry for the contest... :P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:Shhh! I intended to submit that PH version as my entry for the contest... :P
:lol: And the winner is... mach--- wait....
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Draconisaurus wrote:
machf wrote:Shhh! I intended to submit that PH version as my entry for the contest... :P
:lol: And the winner is... mach--- wait....

Ha ha ha