Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

"Ghost or a Puff of Smoke" - Mods That Never Were

Post by Draconisaurus »

So I've decided to start a thread which revisits old mods that were never completed. I highly, highly doubt this will lead to any of them being completed - that's not the point of this thread. It would be cool if some of them got released in unfinished-states.

First up - enigma's Lone Hunter!
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Click on Image
I stumbled across it again in a Google search for "InGen". This is actually one of those old mods that haunts me the most due to how cool it looked.

Original Topic:
viewtopic.php?p=42894#p42894
ModDB page:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/lone-hunter
Website 1 (down)
http://lonehunter.phpnet.us/
(this page had a video which is sadly nowhere to be seen)
Website 2 (down)
http://www.lonehunter.007ihost.com/

It promised new models (some of which seem to have been released afterward), new & interesting environment types (including a sulfur field), desolate landscapes, and cool new audio. IMO, it would have been up there with The Lagoon had it been completed.

If enigma sees this - by all means, let us know if you have the files around! Perhaps, after all this time, it can be retrieved from the oblivion of StegoLand...
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: "Ghost or a Puff of Smoke" - Mods That Never Were

Post by TrespasserGuy »

:o Whoa, this mod looks so cool. There's so many in-development pictures on the ModDB page. This would've been a very interesting mod. The second picture reminds me so much of Carnivores.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Oh, what's this? Oh look!

Lone Hunter:
https://app.box.com/s/vbvc07h7zk4zaa4w57wwav55vebx50lw

And while we're at it, 2 other levels Enigma worked on (not sure he posted about them here).

Dear Anne - Mountain Lab:
https://app.box.com/s/8qvuh7rtwqf5106gu7zsqisgu8j9bpe4

SwampLands (v0.9):
https://app.box.com/s/07ap62kixg3y2m59o0u2xypnyyektb8w

SwampLands (v0.9b):
https://app.box.com/s/bvx2a8zdmmd5w1eyz6ehdln44kpx8ek2

Remember these is in their early stages, so there isn't that much content.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

:o ..........

*plays LH*

Weeellll that was cool! Two of the levels had explorable terrain from the starting location. Having explored them (on foot + in the air), I have to say they are very cool natural environments! Especially TF. Would be neat to see them fleshed out. Main problem I would foresee is figuring out various things that can happen in the very-long wild passages.
The river in DF... I don't recall when the one in JPDS was made but it certainly predates my release, which was the first to see the public eye. That is to say... TheGuy revealed to me how to make non-CWaterEntity rivers in Tres, but it seems enigma figured it out on his own.. :)
Hmmmm Oh *forgot to play SF* .. *does so*
You know I really feel these levels are great but uh, just TOO BIG! Like you are wandering around a bunch of nothing. Obviously there's the fact that they aren't complete but my memory of the plot outline (such as we received) doesn't lend itself towards there being much besides dinosaurs and supplies your plane dropped. These settings are great but I feel should be smaller. It's no wonder it was never finished!

...Will play those other levels later... Have to get busy...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

*also checks out LH and other levels*
Lone Hunter - wow. Those environments are so beautiful! Probably some of the most realistic looking places I've ever seen in Tres, especially the one what starts in a yellowish area. Loved everything about the way it looked, though I do agree with Draco - those long areas of forest would become tedious after a while, I would hope there was going to be some sort of building or something along the way. I'd like to perhaps see all of the environments in these levels condensed into single level, especially since it looked so beautiful! New terrain textures always make me smile. :D I couldn't find the sulphur field, though - what level was that in?
The other two levels that aren't LH stuff are okay. The train station one in particular has a cool idea, but both of them could use expansion as well as more detail.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheIdiot wrote:I couldn't find the sulphur field, though - what level was that in?
The level called "SF" ;) It doesn't look the same as he showed it previously - I am thinking it's an unfinished restart of that area.
The other two levels that aren't LH stuff are okay. The train station one in particular has a cool idea, but both of them could use expansion as well as more detail.
Well the other levels are incomplete. Still cool.
DA - Interesting idea, wondering what it would have been like.
ML - REALLY wonder what this was about. Kinda opens up my mind for the possibility of new Tres levels. *is excited because he gets to test level ideas out each week and complete them*
SwampLands - Where's the swamp? :lol: This level has actually been released already. Kinda cool - may be the only rail road track in modern Tres.

At any rate, enigma seems to be a very good level designer. :) Wish at least one of these had seen completion...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

ML - REALLY wonder what this was about. Kinda opens up my mind for the possibility of new Tres levels. *is excited because he gets to test level ideas out each week and complete them*
Yeah, this one seems extremely unique in particular, though I imagine that allosaur would fall off the dam. Reminds me of the amber mine in JPDS~Plains. A whole level like that would be super interesting.
may be the only rail road track in modern Tres.
Eh-hem! Trespasser Reborn had one (albeit unfinished).
Click on Image
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

ERrrrrr! Tres Reborn... *having a hard time recalling it* Is that the one where you recreated a good chunk of Trespasser using JPDS assets? Didn't know it had a rail! (or forgot)
Btw, it should work pretty nicely in CE... You might even consider finishing it sometime... ;)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

ERrrrrr! Tres Reborn... *having a hard time recalling it* Is that the one where you recreated a good chunk of Trespasser using JPDS assets? Didn't know it had a rail! (or forgot)
That's the one. :)
Btw, it should work pretty nicely in CE... You might even consider finishing it sometime... ;)
Would love to finish it actually one day. I'd have to redo all of the new palettes - if I remember correctly, the problem was that I went over the palette limit and it started crashing. CE actually runs it fine however. Knowing me, though, I'd probably start from scratch on a bigger map. Never really liked the scale of everything - it was compact, but in some places I feel there needed to be a tiny bit more space (especially Mount Watson and the central river). Plus the shape of Isla Sorna is way off. Doing so would be a large project, but not as huge as like RTJP because almost all of the needed assets already exsist, and there's none of that complicated "stuff" that I can't quite discuss here. :p
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hehe well up to you... I think finishing the original would be ideal; preserve the work you've done and leave more time for other projects. ;)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Brings back the itch to cook something up
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hehe well up to you... I think finishing the original would be ideal; preserve the work you've done and leave more time for other projects. ;)
Maaaybe. Thing is there's a lot of messy stuff I did in that level I'd like to retry, and honestly now that I've been working on a larger-scale map for so long, it's hard for me to go back to a smaller all-in-one type level. :P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Next up - Desert Stalker
Click on Image
Click on Image
Click on Image
Original Topic:
viewtopic.php?p=99577#p99577
ModDB Page:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/jurassic-park-desert-stalker/

What little we know about this mod is that President Bush has ordered an investigation of a rumored South American facility and that the story employed multiple characters including ex-InGen and ex-BioSyn. The level featured a unique blend of new and old Tres assets including JPDS~plains trees in a desert landscape. Who knows what the finished product would have looked like?

There was also a video posted of a radio conversation to be featured in the level:

Who knows, maybe we'll get to see the unfinished level someday..

(A note: heard that the moddb page was down, and at first glance it appeared the images were gone, but they are still very much there... 8) )
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Heh heh, I had a feeling this would be the next one up... :P

I really liked the look of this mod - that broken bridge in particular was cool, and it's always awesome to see new environments in Trespasser. Though the radio conversation is a bit cheesy, it's still much better than nothing.
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Not sure why SwampLands was being credited to Enigma, but it was my level, as shown here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8525&start=60#p95500

Regardless, Desert Stalker was actually the last Trespasser project I worked on before officially shifting my focus to Source engine work. The files are still somewhere on my old laptop, which I aim to get fixed in the near future, so if I ever get around to getting the files off I'll post them here! :wink: