Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser being re-created on ROBLOX

Post by Draconisaurus »

Deadeyeguy_45 wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Looks good! Tho the width of her chest seems to small...
Ah, agree with you, she needs to be a bit horizontally wider. Also the neck of her shirt comes much too high as she has a fair amount of cleavage in the original (perhaps an excessive amount). :wink:
It's the angle, we used the same model from Tres just made it more high poly.
I'll believe that but the body/chest section is definitely shrunken relative to the arm on your model...
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

TheIdiot wrote:
again, this is a kid friendly game (ROBLOX is I mean) and they would ban me if I had that.
Well, it's not really that sexualized. She just looks weird to me wearing a tank top that comes all the way up to the base of her neck. Perhaps you can drop the neckline a bit but not too far. The high neckline also will likely be a problem should you ever try to add the heart tatoo as a health meter. Perhaps you could keep it high enough to only just reveal the heart tatoo, as seen in the concept art of Anne (my own attempt at a better-quality rendition is on the right):

Image Image

To me at least it looks like she was originally intended to be wearing a v-neck t-shirt rather than an extremely revealing tank top. Perhaps this can sway you a bit?
Let me put it this way

ROBLOX doesn't allow cleavage. I don't know how to make this any more clearly.

also @drac, the arms and chest really are the same basic size. Nothing besides the shape of the arms and poly count were changed.
In 2012, I was abused by a Weird Al lookalike. :nerd: :cry:
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Let me put it this way

Good ol' overly-sensitive people these days. Nobody had a problem with it back in '98! :P That's fine though, it's just a nitpick of mine. Looks great otherwise.
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

TheIdiot wrote:
Let me put it this way

Good ol' overly-sensitive people these days. Nobody had a problem with it back in '98! :P That's fine though, it's just a nitpick of mine. Looks great otherwise.
I would have it show more if I could, but even trying to show a ta ta would get me in some serious trouble. Account deletion=all hard work is pretty much gone.

tbh though, Anne is more on the reclusive side, and her showing a ton of her skin doesn't fit her character at all (at least for me). Her concept art is a much better suited version of her imo.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

I would say the beta is a bit more like Anne.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I would have it show more if I could, but even trying to show a ta ta would get me in some serious trouble. Account deletion=all hard work is pretty much gone.
Ah, that's true since from what I understand Roblox is exclusively online-account based. Sucks but the compromise of just bringing up her shirt a bit is worth it. I'd much rather have two arms than her overly-revealing original clothes.
tbh though, Anne is more on the reclusive side, and her showing a ton of her skin doesn't fit her character at all (at least for me). Her concept art is a much better suited version of her imo.
I agree. In fact, I'd go so far to say she definitely is much more suited to wearing a v-neck t-shirt than whatever it is she's supposed to be wearing in vanilla Tres. Seems like the developers just wanted an excuse to have boobs in their game. Well, as the developers of Tomb Raider said (this is a bit of a paraphrase), "We'd rather stare at an attractive woman's behind while playtesting for countless hours." :P
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

TheIdiot wrote:Seems like the developers just wanted an excuse to have boobs in their game.
Well, if they weren't there, you would notice that she has no feet...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

After looking at player models ingame... I have realized that the chest width issue is more a matter of the arm being over-sized in Trespasser due to practical dynamics. Was looking at a full-body player mesh, where the arm hangs down considerably...
At this point, I am unsure whether to suggest the chest width be increased in the player model you've shown... I would want to see how it appears ingame.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:Seems like the developers just wanted an excuse to have boobs in their game.
Well, if they weren't there, you would notice that she has no feet...
:lol: That's a valid excuse then.
After looking at player models ingame... I have realized that the chest width issue is more a matter of the arm being over-sized in Trespasser due to practical dynamics. Was looking at a full-body player mesh, where the arm hangs down considerably...
Not to mention the fact that on the retail Anne model, extending your arm causes her arm to go all Stretch Armstrong and extend it even further than realistically possible.
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

These are not meshes, these are made with csg bricks with textures. I import the mesh in to ROBLOX and try my best to replicate it in my game
RobloxScreenShot08272016_193341452.png
RobloxScreenShot08272016_193341452.png (574.64 KiB) Viewed 13874 times
RobloxScreenShot08272016_193354205.png
RobloxScreenShot08272016_193354205.png (487.44 KiB) Viewed 13874 times
RobloxScreenShot08272016_193405269.png
RobloxScreenShot08272016_193405269.png (452.11 KiB) Viewed 13874 times
I'm gonna put the tree that was supposed to be there in my version
RobloxScreenShot08212016_205848592.png
RobloxScreenShot08212016_205848592.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 13874 times
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Quite impressive! It looks really good, though I'm not sure what's up with the sky and ambient lighting.
Iiiii don't think that there was supposed to be a tree there actually. Can't remember where I heard this, but I'm pretty sure the Church was supposed to have a Raptor nest in the middle where the floor is broken.
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

TheIdiot wrote:Quite impressive! It looks really good, though I'm not sure what's up with the sky and ambient lighting.
There's nothing wrong with the sky. It's just different because I don't want Anne going home in one day, but rather a day and a half.
Iiiii don't think that there was supposed to be a tree there actually. Can't remember where I heard this, but I'm pretty sure the Church was supposed to have a Raptor nest in the middle where the floor is broken.
There was supposed to be a tree there, even the Trescom website says there was suppose to one. I was going to have the raptor nest upstairs in that little one room door. :^>
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Looking nice!

Erm - didn't you say ROBLOX supported custom meshes, now?..

And yersh, the hole in the church floor is for the raptor nest. The tree thingy is a promo image..
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

Draconisaurus wrote:Looking nice!

Erm - didn't you say ROBLOX supported custom meshes, now?..

And yersh, the hole in the church floor is for the raptor nest. The tree thingy is a promo image..
Oh, I thought I read somewhere on Trescom that it was a tree. Why is there also a hole on the roof as well if it's the raptors nest?

yea it supports custom meshes, but that it way too advanced for me to texture them. I find it better to csg it :p
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

InGeneral store (NOT AN IMPORTED MESH) I created all of these buildings using ROBLOX tools. I DO import the actual mesh, but it is not textured. I trace it with bricks and shape them using unions.
RobloxScreenShot09282016_220404027.png
RobloxScreenShot09282016_220404027.png (565.59 KiB) Viewed 13740 times
RobloxScreenShot09282016_221726446.png
RobloxScreenShot09282016_221726446.png (602.02 KiB) Viewed 13740 times
RobloxScreenShot09282016_220423701.png
RobloxScreenShot09282016_220423701.png (353.14 KiB) Viewed 13740 times
Still have a bit more to go till the town is finished, but it's getting there!