Tres Tools on Windows 7 issues

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Tres Tools on Windows 7 issues

Post by Second Illiteration »

Hello everyone. I was wondering if there are some workarounds or something special I have to do to get things working. Moving in Tres Ed is really slow and renders using it pretty much undoable, and I'm having an issue with TPDC not opening, with the error message: Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of it's dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Any help is appreciated :yes:
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Tres Tools on Windows 7 issues

Post by TheIdiot »

Second Illiteration wrote:Hello everyone. I was wondering if there are some workarounds or something special I have to do to get things working. Moving in Tres Ed is really slow and renders using it pretty much undoable
Huh. Never had any problems in Windows 7 with TresEd. I did have an issue like this in Windows 10, though, and to solve it I deleted my TresEd.ini file. I guess you could try that. Is the movement even slow on the "6" movement speed? And what do you mean by renders being undoable? Are shadows missing, etc? And have you updated your hardware at all recently? I've had a problem with TresEd not drawing terrain shadows at all since I got my new rig (I think it's an issue with my video card, a GTX 980, since they worked on my old ATI card just fine), so perhaps it was a hardware upgrade that borked it.
and I'm having an issue with TPDC not opening, with the error message: Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of it's dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.
Hmm. Never really worked too much with TPDC, but I think I may have encountered that error before. I wasn't able to come up with a fix, though...this was also on Windows 10, and on Windows 7 it worked fine as well. Did you just recently update to Win7?

I hope Microsoft doesn't break WinXP compatibility further with future updates, or we might have a disaster on our hands. :|
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I was able to open TPDC in compatibility mode and it's working. What I meant when I said "renders using it pretty much undoable" was that, the movement is so lagged and choppy, it's to much of a hassle to move around a level and doing any editing.

I'll try deleting that file and see what happens
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Second Illiteration wrote:I was able to open TPDC in compatibility mode and it's working. What I meant when I said "renders using it pretty much undoable" was that, the movement is so lagged and choppy, it's to much of a hassle to move around a level and doing any editing.

I'll try deleting that file and see what happens
Have you tried to load the level with the low textures? Also try to disable the fog and shadows in the menu bar.
And, do you have some official graphic software on the computer? (Like the CCC Catalyst Control Center for ATI/AMD cards). I know I had problems with TresEd not working properly when I had made manual changes to the graphic for games in it.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

SI -- Maybe your OpenGL drivers are the issue?
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"