TUPP - Trespasser's Unofficial Patch Project - NEW PH VER.

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: TUPP - Trespasser's Unofficial Patch Project - NEW IJ VE

Post by Draconisaurus »

*finds images of them* Damn, dunno how to make such a thing... I am a little confused by why they appear to have pre-extant light source directions? Shouldn't a map of this sort be neutral when it comes to light direction?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Eh? When did this come to light? What does the incorrect lighting look like? *hopes to have no issues making DDS files when the time comes*
I tried out some of those 24-bit images from Mystery Models in CE as replacements and everything looked like it was a 24-bit texture in Tres, where the texture looks unlit. As for DDS files, you can usually just find a plugin for whatever you use to edit images that makes them - I have a good one for GIMP. Just make sure you save everything that's not transparent in DXT1 format and transparent textures in DXT5.
IIRC, CE uses standard normalmaps, instead of Trespasser's custom ones. You know, those 24-bit images where R,G and B are used to represent the X, Y and Z components of the normal vector... they tend to look somewhat like shades of purple.
Yes, those are the ones.
*finds images of them* Damn, dunno how to make such a thing... I am a little confused by why they appear to have pre-extant light source directions? Shouldn't a map of this sort be neutral when it comes to light direction?
Again, you can usually find plugins to make them automatically, though sometimes you have to go in and make your own depending on image coloration and lighting.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Mmmm... I am guessing now the inclusion of a light direction is because one is necessary based on the form of processing, so an 'arbitrary' default light direction is used which translates into whatever the rendered result asks for?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

As for the palette issue, I was talking about the terrain palette, which is not covered by CE.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Oh, well, for terrain you have to just remap your textures...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Re: TUPP - Trespasser's Unofficial Patch Project - NEW PH VE

Post by tatu »

I have released a working version of the PH level for retail and CE engine.

This can be used for any fan to build their own PH level based on the PCGamer version. Please be aware that this version only includes retail dinosaurs until the early ones have been properly re-rigged!

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:I have released a working version of the PH level for retail and CE engine.

This can be used for any fan to build their own PH level based on the PCGamer version. Please be aware that this version only includes retail dinosaurs until the early ones have been properly re-rigged!
Alright, thanks a ton tatu! I'll give this a look later. Does it include everything that was in the PCGamer version or is it empty? Someone will have to create a version that properly transitions between retail JR and IJ as well so that we can finally play the game (nearly) all the way through...all we need now is Plains and perhaps an edit of PV and LAB to create Shore. 8)
tatu

Post by tatu »

Yep. It contains all the stuff the PCGamer version have. It does not use the PCGamer dinosaurs tho, since they are not completely rigged yet :)

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I'm trying to find out how they were originally rigged, BTW - by decompiling the executables. So far, I can tell that Anne's various meshes apparently don't use all the bones (something that didn't change much in the retail version, either). And those assignments were definitely removed in the Beta96 and retail versions of the game...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

I see. Is there any traces of them in the source itself? Would it be possible to have Anne walk like in the early version and not like that box that rotates?

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

In the source? Only some comments and references...

Are you sure Anne doesn't move in the same way? Or does it only feel like that? Have you used the "bones" cheat (I think it was CTRL+B) to look down and see what's going on?
tatu

Post by tatu »

I've looked at her in TresEd. In the early builds she doesn't have that feet box. She like bumps more.

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

In-game, it does show up, though, as do the other physics boxes. I guess that means they're hardcoded, nothing else.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Ij is disappointing. I was expecting a direct port of the prototype level. Instead, it's just the final version with new objects and retextured.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Ij is disappointing. I was expecting a direct port of the prototype level. Instead, it's just the final version with new objects and retextured.
I'm pretty sure this level was released before the PCGamer/E3 builds were unearthed. I think this was made to bring the B96 stuff into the final version.