TheIdiot Releases Stuff

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Location: Over here hacking . . . I mean protecting your computer! :)

Re: TheIdiot Releases Stuff

Post by DennisNedry »

TheIdiot wrote:Here's a tiny update, the Trespasser Weapon Sound Overhaul!

This is a small mod I did a long time ago for a user who wanted to replace the weapon sounds with his own selection. I never released the file publically, and the user seems to have disappered since (if you're the one reading this, feel free to let me know who you are!), so I've decided to put the file up for download. It works as an additive Effects .TPA file which you can attach to your mod in order to replace most of the gun sounds with these excellent new ones!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2tnw2qb2w ... A.zip/file
You are just full of surprises! No one would have expected TheIdiot to release a sound mod for Trespasser. Now here I am by myself, uh talking to myself. Now THAT is chaos theory! :lol:

Hammond: Our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers?
Nedry: AH AH AH you didn't say the magic word! SNICKERS!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

DennisNedry wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:Here's a tiny update, the Trespasser Weapon Sound Overhaul!

This is a small mod I did a long time ago for a user who wanted to replace the weapon sounds with his own selection. I never released the file publically, and the user seems to have disappered since (if you're the one reading this, feel free to let me know who you are!), so I've decided to put the file up for download. It works as an additive Effects .TPA file which you can attach to your mod in order to replace most of the gun sounds with these excellent new ones!

You are just full of surprises! No one would have expected TheIdiot to release a sound mod for Trespasser. Now here I am by myself, uh talking to myself. Now THAT is chaos theory! :lol:

I personally didn't expect to ever release it until I realized I'd been playing with it enabled by default on Tres Twilight. :P But then, there are some things nobody ever expects...

DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by DennisNedry »

TheIdiot wrote: I personally didn't expect to ever release it until I realized I'd been playing with it enabled by default on Tres Twilight. :P But then, there are some things nobody ever expects...

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition! LOL! :lol:
DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by DennisNedry »

TheIdiot wrote:I figured I'd make myself a release thread for whatever useless junk I spam the community with. :P All the cool kids are doing it! Only random stuff will be posted here - all RTJP content as well as other larger projects will remain in their respective section. Feel free to use anything here in your own works! :) I've put everything under spoilers to declutter the page somewhat, so click "Show" to get the description and link.

TRESPASSER HI-RES TEXTURE PROJECT (link currently down)
Spoiler: show
This is my attempt to improve the textures for Tres using the new CE engine. Not everything is complete, but it gives several objects new life, especially in the Beach level.

https://www.mediafire.com/#08z0jr9z14umb
OPERATION LIZARD TOOTH
So we all have to start somewhere, right? Well, here's my beginning. In 2008, I first played Trespasser, and by 2009, I knew a fair amount about the game, as well as the universe it resides in, though it seems I knew nothing about the beta version as you will read. Something that bugged me was that we never got to see what lies beyond the mountains to the east of the town, as well as the northern coast up to Mount Watson. I didn't know about The Plains or really even much of the geography. So began the creation of my first mod project ever - Operation Lizard Tooth, the granddaddy of RTJP. 8)

If my memory serves me right, the premise of this mod was that you were a CIA agent - named Diana I-can't-remember-her-last-name-but-it's-not-Forman - patrolling the skies of Isla Sorna when a pteranodon takes you down, crashing into a mountainside. Your goal was then to make your way north from the mountain at the center of the Beach level to the shore just next to the location of The Ascent Part II. I can't remember exactly the order or name of the levels, but I remember there being either six or seven of them. The only one I ever worked on was Cliffs, and naturally I encountered a billion newbie problems that ultimately doomed the fate of the project, prompting me to start on something even more ambitious - Isla Nublar.
The game began with the player descending from the wreckage of her helicopter, fighting her way down the side of the mountain past some hungry Raptors, passing through a cavern and going over a waterfall into a misty valley. The valley would take the player along a river, through a swamp and to the shore. After some cliff jumping, the player would come to the waterfront / harbor from JP3, here encountering the game's recurring antagonist - a heavily scarred allosaurus. This creature would pursue the player through the next level, disappearing again until the last level, which would have followed the streambed where Dieter Stark was killed by the compies, ultimately leading to a final battle with the allosaurus. Once this was over, it would run into a rockslide, crushing itself and opening the exit to the JP3 rescue beach, where the player would start a small boat and escape.

Here is the one file I found that remains of it, the Cliffs level. It's barely complete, and the Raptor at the start crashes the game, so it's not really playable. This was my very first level - as such, it isn't anything special, and my understanding of the game was extremely meager, but I figure it's probably better up here than sitting on my old computer rotting for eternity. :P
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cbof2 ... +Tooth.rar
Lara Croft Anne (just a picture)
Here's a rather odd looking edit I did a long time ago of a picture I found of Lara Croft, changing her into Anne. This was intended for the title screen of my Spino Escape level (part of my Trespasser remake, which I sadly no longer have).
Young JPDS Megaraptor skin
Another oldie, here's a skin of the JPOG Raptor, made to look like a juvenile JPDS megaraptor. This was also part of Operation Lizard Tooth and later intended for my Trespasser level remake. It's highly likely to have some severe seam issues.
Novel Isla Nublar heightmap
Unfinished Isla Nublar (Novel) heightmap, based on the included map:
Image Image
Old RTJP Models and Textures
A folder of old RTJP stuff, all of which is no longer in use, from the 2013 and 2015 versions. Contains a lot of terrain textures from previous versions, as well as some old models that I have no use for, including a film-accurate Tres Stego skin, a somewhat inaccurate 6-foot fence model, and a couple of unfinished buildings, among others.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ppr1u8ta4 ... elease.zip
JPOG Stuff
Note that this is not ALL of the JPOG models, but contains a lot of them. There is plenty of misc stuff that will likely be of use one way or another. None of these have physics at the moment, but feel free to make your own physics and T-scripts for these models. There is also a lack of opacity mapping, so you'll have to edit those in yourself as well if you plan on using any of the plants.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8f421ot41 ... +stuff.zip
HD JP3 Tyrannosaurus Skin
A new tyrannosaurus skin based on the JP3 one, originally made for testing out dinosaurs in the MegaJungle environment. Ready for importing straight through GeomAdd. Also includes 512x textures and bumpmaps for CE. Has a couple of minor seams around the neck, arms and tail, but is otherwise complete. Top image is without bumpmaps, HD textures, and ReShade, bottom is with.
Click on Image
Click on Image
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nmj19l3t8 ... JP3Rex.zip
JPDS-style HUD for CE
Here's a tweak I made for the default CE HUD styled after the JPDS HUD. You can play it with any level if you want, although it was designed for JPDS to replace the non-functional HUD. It's not an exact replica of the original since I couldn't figure out how to extend the background, but it works well enough for now. Note that it doesn't show the reserve ammo, only the ammo you have in the gun in your hand. The HUD is also vaguely transparent to keep it from being distracting.

To run this, create a folder called "Scripts" in your main Tres directory (wherever your data folder is located), or in a CE mod sub-directory, and extract all of the files there. It will work from there on flawlessly. If you install it to the main directory, it will also work with any CE-loaded mods you use, but will be overridden by mod-specific HUDs.

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g9e9utxin ... for_CE.zip
Trespasser Weapon Sound Overhaul

Just to let you know, your JPDS-style HUD for CE link is broken. I think you typed it in wrong since it is not directing me to the download. I really wanted a HUD so that I could see my ammo and stuff. Hopefully it gets fixed. Also how do you use the new gun sounds and effects. There is only one file included with the download, TWSOEffects.tpa. Do I just drop that into the trescd data folder or do I have to do something special to get it to work?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Just to let you know, your JPDS-style HUD for CE link is broken. I think you typed it in wrong since it is not directing me to the download. I really wanted a HUD so that I could see my ammo and stuff. Hopefully it gets fixed. Also how do you use the new gun sounds and effects. There is only one file included with the download, TWSOEffects.tpa. Do I just drop that into the trescd data folder or do I have to do something special to get it to work?
Crap, I'll fix the JPDS HUD link right away. Mediafire can sometimes do that.

To use the new TWSO effects file, you need to add it via an fm.ini file, which can be done using the modfolder feature of CE. It's a pretty simple process which you can read about in CE's documentation, it just requires a bit of setup. You can download a premade modfolder that I made as sort of a starter kit here:

http://www.trescom.org/download/downloa ... mplate.zip
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Still agreeing with Rebel, the how-tos of CE are very scattered. TI, I don't suppose you could be the one to write something up?
DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by DennisNedry »

TheIdiot wrote: Crap, I'll fix the JPDS HUD link right away. Mediafire can sometimes do that.

To use the new TWSO effects file, you need to add it via an fm.ini file, which can be done using the modfolder feature of CE. It's a pretty simple process which you can read about in CE's documentation, it just requires a bit of setup. You can download a premade modfolder that I made as sort of a starter kit here:

http://www.trescom.org/download/downloa ... mplate.zip
Thanks. Can't wait to test out these cool mods.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Still agreeing with Rebel, the how-tos of CE are very scattered. TI, I don't suppose you could be the one to write something up?
I understand, unfortunately time isn't really in my favour, and I'd want to do a comprehensive guide with images if I were to do so. For now, the best thing to do is just to read the documentation as it does cover everything. It's lengthy and somewhat messy, but it does cover everything.
DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by DennisNedry »

TheIdiot wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Still agreeing with Rebel, the how-tos of CE are very scattered. TI, I don't suppose you could be the one to write something up?
I understand, unfortunately time isn't really in my favour, and I'd want to do a comprehensive guide with images if I were to do so. For now, the best thing to do is just to read the documentation as it does cover everything. It's lengthy and somewhat messy, but it does cover everything.
Don't get cheap on me, TheIdiot. That was Hammond's mistake. :wink: But yeah, I feel that a well organized guide would be great! Whenever you have the time that is.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Just a small update: I consolidated all of my releases into this thread. You can access pretty much everything I've put out from the original post! I've also linked this thread in my signature.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Was digging through some of my old unsorted folders and came across a number of unfinished models from 3-5 years ago. I might end up finishing them at some point so I won't be uploading them, but here's some screenshots just for fun:
Click on Image
The unfinished RTJP Amusement Park. The two square structures on the left were meant to be concessions and midway games (ring toss or something similar), the mushroom-shaped object is the beginnings of the dinosaur-themed carousel, and the building behind the ferris wheel was intended to be a washroom. The ferris wheel itself was finished but I appear to have lost the textures. The gateway at the bottom would have been the entrance to the Boneshaker roller coaster area from the Telltale game. Since the park was meant to be unfinished, there would have been a few indications of other attractions and buildings under construction nearby.
Click on Image
Here's the actual ferris wheel model on its own. It's 90% finished, just missing some detail around the base and the operator's booth. I had a plan to try and animate the ferris wheel in-game, but it would have been quite complicated considering all of the gondolas would also have to move with the wheel itself. The alternate idea was that Diane would have to attempt to climb the ferris wheel somehow in order to get up into one of the gondolas.
Click on Image
Some ID cards with improved models. I recall it being difficult to get pictures of many of these actors that would fit, so ultimately 80s Sam Jackson had to do. :P I believe these were still going to be in RTJP.
Click on Image
A red-tailed boa, which would have functioned similarily to the one in TresGuy's level.
Click on Image
The Safari Lodge sign, also without textures. I don't believe this one was ever finished. It was meant to go alongside the entrance to the Safari Lodge in RTJP and was inspired by some of the JP concept art.
Click on Image
The beginnings of the rear area of the Visitor Center, including a rough version of the kitchen. In clockwise fashion from the top-right, the rooms are: Jurassic Park Animal Control central offices (including Muldoon's work station), animal containment equipment storage, the armoury, the kitchen, an access hallway with stairs to the basement - the room between it and the kitchen is the pantry, and the most central room with white walls is the refridgerator where Tim and Lex trap the Raptor.
Click on Image
The BioSyn headquarters building, based on that from the SNES game, Jurassic Park: The Chaos Continues. It would have been the sole location of the RTJP New York level before I decided that I'd rather create a new BioSyn building design. You would have had free reign to explore most of this building before you had to head to the large, windowed room on the left to speak with Jeff Rossiter.
Click on Image
Click on Image
Click on Image
And finally, something I honestly forgot I'd even ever made. This was meant to be the model of Hammond's House for Trespasser: HD. The layout is roughly the same as in the original IT level, but with more detail and some changes here and there, such as trying to keep everything more open and connected. The foyer would have had a partially collapsed pteranodon skeleton hanging down from the celing in order to give it a mini-Visitor Center vibe.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hey man. This is some of your best stuff! Really nice. I like those keycards. Like they were all photos from when the staff was just hired.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

TheIdiot wrote:Was digging through some of my old unsorted folders and came across a number of unfinished models from 3-5 years ago. I might end up finishing them at some point so I won't be uploading them, but here's some screenshots just for fun:
Click on Image
The unfinished RTJP Amusement Park. The two square structures on the left were meant to be concessions and midway games (ring toss or something similar), the mushroom-shaped object is the beginnings of the dinosaur-themed carousel, and the building behind the ferris wheel was intended to be a washroom. The ferris wheel itself was finished but I appear to have lost the textures. The gateway at the bottom would have been the entrance to the Boneshaker roller coaster area from the Telltale game. Since the park was meant to be unfinished, there would have been a few indications of other attractions and buildings under construction nearby.
Click on Image
Here's the actual ferris wheel model on its own. It's 90% finished, just missing some detail around the base and the operator's booth. I had a plan to try and animate the ferris wheel in-game, but it would have been quite complicated considering all of the gondolas would also have to move with the wheel itself. The alternate idea was that Diane would have to attempt to climb the ferris wheel somehow in order to get up into one of the gondolas.
Really liking that Ferris wheel model. I would love to see that in a fully fledged mod someday, maybe one that's set in an abandoned carnival :D Also like the idea of the dinosaur merry go- caro- carousel. Not sure if it would be able to work in game as it does in real life without the physics going berserk though :lol:
Click on Image
Some ID cards with improved models. I recall it being difficult to get pictures of many of these actors that would fit, so ultimately 80s Sam Jackson had to do. :P I believe these were still going to be in RTJP.
These look really cool. I think the 80's Jackson picture makes since, as that's probably what he would've looked like at the time Ray was hired to work at the Park. Then he lost that hair from all the stress and smoking :P . On a similar note, I think the Wayne Knight photo you used for Nedry looks too old. I found a photo that would've worked a bit better:
Click on Image
Click on Image
A red-tailed boa, which would have functioned similarily to the one in TresGuy's level.
Damn, did we use the same boa model? I'm glad I was able to bring at least this idea to life in one of my levels. :yes:
Click on Image
Click on Image
Click on Image
And finally, something I honestly forgot I'd even ever made. This was meant to be the model of Hammond's House for Trespasser: HD. The layout is roughly the same as in the original IT level, but with more detail and some changes here and there, such as trying to keep everything more open and connected. The foyer would have had a partially collapsed pteranodon skeleton hanging down from the celing in order to give it a mini-Visitor Center vibe.
This reminds me, do you still have that HD version of the workers barracks lying around? I know you never got around to finishing it, and I decided not to include it in my EFTLW mod, but I was wondering what it looked like exactly.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hey man. This is some of your best stuff! Really nice. I like those keycards. Like they were all photos from when the staff was just hired.
That was the idea with the keycards. In the RTJP timeline, most of the staff other than Hammond, Wu and Sorkin were hired around the time the basic facilities and ameneties had been completed on Isla Nublar (Geo Plant and temporary field lab in the north).
Really liking that Ferris wheel model. I would love to see that in a fully fledged mod someday, maybe one that's set in an abandoned carnival :D Also like the idea of the dinosaur merry go- caro- carousel. Not sure if it would be able to work in game as it does in real life without the physics going berserk though :lol:
Thanks! If I find the textures, I might be willing to pass on the Ferris Wheel to someone if they want to make physics for it. :P Yeah, the physics and inability to connect magnets to magnets would probably cause a few issues with the carousel and ferris wheel. The power was restored to Isla Nublar by that point in RTJP so I would have had to come up with some hackneyed reason to explain why they weren't working.
These look really cool. I think the 80's Jackson picture makes since, as that's probably what he would've looked like at the time Ray was hired to work at the Park. Then he lost that hair from all the stress and smoking :P . On a similar note, I think the Wayne Knight photo you used for Nedry looks too old. I found a photo that would've worked a bit better:
Those photographs were mostly temporary, I wanted to make them a bit nicer looking eventually, as well as recolour the keycards to match the movie. Also seem to have forgotten to include Dennis' second name initial (T). I might re-use these models for my own levels eventually, though they are a bit outdated.
Damn, did we use the same boa model? I'm glad I was able to bring at least this idea to life in one of my levels. :yes:
:lol: I thought he looked familiar! And I'm really happy that you used the idea, it was nice to see it actually executed.
This reminds me, do you still have that HD version of the workers barracks lying around? I know you never got around to finishing it, and I decided not to include it in my EFTLW mod, but I was wondering what it looked like exactly.
I think so, it might be in my Max folder since it wasn't with the RTJP stuff. I made a new barracks model recently and I'm afraid I may have overridden it...let me go check...
*looks*
Well, it's not there, but it might be somewhere else that's a bit more obscure. I will post screenshots if I can dig it up. :)
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Operation Lizard Tooth's download link is dead. :(